OBE Specific Techniques

17 Replies, 3415 Views

I still hold onto the idea that there are some differences between the traditional OBE and lucid dreaming. In this thread I'm interested in listing/talking about various OBE techniques. I'm guessing the induction is the key technique at first.
[-] The following 2 users Like chuck's post:
  • Brian, Ninshub
The Vigil Method--> from Aardema.

I'd been concentrating on doing the OBE for about 9 months when I came across Fred Aardema's excellent book. He includes this Vigil method in the book (and on the web.) This method allowed me one night to have a consciously induced OBE. Very traditional.

http://www.beyond-body.com/vigil_method.html
Nice! I've tried his method with no results yet.

May give another look.

I use TMI Hemisync and come close (vibrations and loud roar).

But haven't done any work with it in over a year now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jkmac's post:
  • Brian
(2017-08-30, 07:50 PM)jkmac Wrote: Nice! I've tried his method with no results yet.

May give another look.

I use TMI Hemisync and come close (vibrations and loud roar).

But haven't done any work with it in over a year now.

I haven't attempted anything other than lucid dreaming in a couple of years. But there was a while when I worked at it actively and had a few consciously induced OBEs. At this point I need to settle my questions about negative entities before continuing that work. Way too much going on in my life right now. I need a quiet period where I can begin meditating and stuff. Would probably take me six months or so to get back into place where I could make something happen. Not a high priority right now, but I would like to get back some day.
(2017-08-30, 01:44 PM)chuck Wrote: I still hold onto the idea that there are some differences between the traditional OBE and lucid dreaming. In this thread I'm interested in listing/talking about various OBE techniques. I'm guessing the induction is the key technique at first.

My first dozen or so OBEs were spontaneous from a relaxed state, laying on the couch. Each was proceeded by a spinning vortex-like 3D energy pattern, followed by locomotive intensity vibrations (kundalini) beginning at my root chakra and extending to my crown chakra. Once I get there, it pop-out time.

Unless I miss the launch point and in that case, I have either fooled myself into thinking that I was NOT OBE (but found out later I was) or I vibrate like a post-orgasmic teenager for the remainder of the day.

I cut my teeth on William Buhlman, think Bruce is a narcissistic assclown, Aardema is a great resource as is Ziewe. I have the Hemi-Sync mp3s from Monroe which is where I was instructed by Buhlman.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-30, 10:08 PM by Pssst.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Pssst's post:
  • Barbara Roberts Brazil, Roberta
(2017-08-30, 07:55 PM)chuck Wrote: I haven't attempted anything other than lucid dreaming in a couple of years. But there was a while when I worked at it actively and had a few consciously induced OBEs. At this point I need to settle my questions about negative entities before continuing that work. Way too much going on in my life right now. I need a quiet period where I can begin meditating and stuff. Would probably take me six months or so to get back into place where I could make something happen. Not a high priority right now, but I would like to get back some day.

You are on the right track. 

A hectic life and especially fear will block you, no doubt.
This post has been deleted.
(2017-08-30, 01:44 PM)chuck Wrote: I still hold onto the idea that there are some differences between the traditional OBE and lucid dreaming. In this thread I'm interested in listing/talking about various OBE techniques. I'm guessing the induction is the key technique at first.

Yes, different but similar.

Actually although I haven't done it yet, one method of OBE induction, (the preferred one for Jurgen Ziewe of Multidimentional Man fame) is to enter OBE through lucid dream.
(2017-08-30, 01:47 PM)chuck Wrote: The Vigil Method--> from Aardema.

I'd been concentrating on doing the OBE for about 9 months when I came across Fred Aardema's excellent book. He includes this Vigil method in the book (and on the web.) This method allowed me one night to have a consciously induced OBE. Very traditional.

http://www.beyond-body.com/vigil_method.html
Are you saying his method worked on the first night you tried it? or did I misunderstand?
(2017-09-10, 07:01 PM)Brian Wrote: I'm a big fan of binaural beats.  Is TMI Hemisync the same thing as Monroe's Hemisync?
Same thing as far as I know. TMI= "The Monroe Institute".
Improvements over the years but one family of products.
Uses a combination of sounds slightly out of phase with each other and an accompanying voice with instructions or really more of a guided meditation.
You can find some on line if you poke around, you can even download 1-2 short ones from the TMI web site. And that one works! it did for me, but I was ignorant enough to take off my headphone just as I was going through the OBE transition. I though the load roar was a dead CD player battery!  Angry
But you really need to go to the TMI training or buy the on-line training from them to get all the detailed instructions of their use for full benefit. It's sort of expensive though... Around $2k if I remember correctly. I had a fun 6 day learning vacation though...
[-] The following 2 users Like jkmac's post:
  • Barbara Roberts Brazil, Brian

• View a Printable Version