New new member

12 Replies, 4752 Views

I'm Dreamsoap.

I'm Mediochre's girlfriend. He made me half heartedly join Skeptiko forums but I never listened to the podcasts let alone even really stalk the forums. Reason being is that we've both lead extremely paranormal lives (we even met this way) and I'm pretty done with not being able to talk to anyone remotely smart about it. I'm tired of heavily religious people and tired of low effort self proclaimed "skeptics". I used to frequent a forum that tried to investigate paranormal things but took such a heavy slant everyone was extremely conspiratorial and religious. You were a "dark hat/ one" if you dared asked questions or poked holes in logic.

This is less me expecting everyone to be the same here but more reason as to why I'm fairly abrasive about these topics. There's enough data to suggest the phenomenons are real and not just experienced in the minds of psychotic ward patients. It's time to drop the feel good assumptions and get to the core of what's going on.

So, hi.

I also draw sometimes.
Spirits are not special and neither are you.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-27, 02:42 AM by Dreamsoap.)
[-] The following 7 users Like Dreamsoap's post:
  • DaveB, laborde, berkelon, Doug, Typoz, Laird, Ninshub
Welcome Dreamsoap! Really glad to have you with us. Smile
(2017-09-27, 02:47 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Welcome Dreamsoap! Really glad to have you with us. Smile

Thank you!
(2017-09-27, 02:41 AM)Dreamsoap Wrote: It's time to drop the feel good assumptions and get to the core of what's going on.

You're very welcome in any case, but with those sentiments, you're especially welcome.

(2017-09-27, 02:41 AM)Dreamsoap Wrote: I also draw sometimes.

Did you draw your avatar?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Dreamsoap
Welcome, Dreamsoap! I hope you find this place welcoming and can participate in some good discussions! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doppelgänger's post:
  • Dreamsoap
(2017-09-27, 02:41 AM)Dreamsoap Wrote: I'm Dreamsoap.

I'm Mediochre's girlfriend. He made me half heartedly join Skeptiko forums but I never listened to the podcasts let alone even really stalk the forums. Reason being is that we've both lead extremely paranormal lives (we even met this way) and I'm pretty done with not being able to talk to anyone remotely smart about it. I'm tired of heavily religious people and tired of low effort self proclaimed "skeptics". I used to frequent a forum that tried to investigate paranormal things but took such a heavy slant everyone was extremely conspiratorial and religious. You were a "dark hat/ one" if you dared asked questions or poked holes in logic.

This is less me expecting everyone to be the same here but more reason as to why I'm fairly abrasive about these topics. There's enough data to suggest the phenomenons are real and not just experienced in the minds of psychotic ward patients. It's time to drop the feel good assumptions and get to the core of what's going on.

So, hi.

I also draw sometimes.
Hi Dreamsoap. I think you may have found a good spot given your mindset. Lots and lots of conversations going on here. I think more than a few will be of interest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jkmac's post:
  • Dreamsoap
(2017-09-27, 02:41 AM)Dreamsoap Wrote: I'm Dreamsoap.

So, hi.

I also draw sometimes.

Abrasive you call yourself. Well you haven't engaged me yet. Angel
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-27, 04:20 PM by Steve001.)
(2017-09-27, 06:24 AM)Laird Wrote: You're very welcome in any case, but with those sentiments, you're especially welcome.

Did you draw your avatar?

Thanks! sorry for the late reply. I have a whole bunch of things going on so I can't be as active as Mediochre is.

I didn't draw this avatar actually. I normally use my own work because it's not really the greatest to take images off the net (copyright law) but I really don't want to risk having my art accounts connected with this, at least not right now. Images can be reverse image searched so an avatar of my own artwork could be traced to this account. I'll probably set aside time to make my own avatar that I don't upload anywhere else on the net.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dreamsoap's post:
  • Laird
(2017-10-10, 05:39 PM)Dreamsoap Wrote: Spirits are not special and neither are you.

heh

Classic expression of a lack of self-worth perhaps?
(2017-10-10, 06:32 PM)Pssst Wrote: heh

Classic expression of a lack of self-worth perhaps?

More like a classic expression of not being a narcissist. We've both had enough encounters with spirits who unironically claim to be gods or angels who then demand that us lowly humans treat them as such "or else." Likewise we've had enough encounters with spiritualist who think much the same way about whatever their ideology happens to be. We're both smart enough than them to know better at this point.
"The cure for bad information is more information."

• View a Printable Version