NDE's

143 Replies, 86575 Views

[Edited by admins to a reasonably-sized extract, and to provide sources. For the full version, click on one of the links]

An additional short interview with Christine Stein and the opinion of a sceptical doctor, Frank Erbguth to give some balance towards the sceptical approach to explaining NDE's.

Near-death experience: In heaven you don't need shoes
By Elisa de Oliveira Brinkhoff

Original German version
English version via Google Translate

Quote:Christine Stein's heart stopped for twenty-three minutes. To save her, the surgeons manually massaged her heart through her open chest. "Hurry up, we have to save this little girl !" they shout.  During the resuscitation, Christine watches it from above.

Three weeks earlier: on March 24, 2000, the then 19-year-old Christine Stein was driving her car on a country road near Laubach. A truck going 30 km / h too fast, crashes into the driver's side of her car and pushes her off the road into a ditch, then the truck falls on the car itself. Severely injured, she is taken to hospital by a rescue helicopter. Her injuries include a tear in her lungs, spleen and in the main artery - which is life-threatening.

The doctors make the impossible, possible: Christine survives, despite three emergency operations and a great loss of blood. In the first operation immediately after the accident, they cut open her ribcage, remove her spleen, cut off a piece of the left lung and close the main artery with a kind of "patch."  But this "patch" is not permanent and in a second emergency operation, it must be renewed.

Christine is allowed to return home three weeks later, but shortly afterwards the main artery ruptures again.  Her stomach fills with blood: "It looked like I was nine months pregnant," she says. Only with the help of a friend's first aid, did she survive to get to the hospital, but during the operation, when her chest is cut open (again), her heart stops beating again.
(This post was last modified: 2018-02-03, 11:38 AM by Laird.)
Dr's Jeff Long, Kevin Nelson and one of the cardiac surgeons who treated her, Hans George Kaulbach discuss her NDE here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNT57zD8AyY
[-] The following 2 users Like tim's post:
  • Doug, E. Flowers
I found out an interesting bit of info yesterday: my friend from Manchester had a horrific car accident 20 years ago. She flatlined in the hospital, and next thing she knew, she was observing the room from above, seeing herself and her family members, personnel, hearing them talk, etc. Eventually she told her mother where everybody was and what they were doing or saying. Her mom was incredulous, saying "you couldn't see uncle Bob from your bed, he was behind the curtain". Note: she flatlined during this event, nevertheless she 1) saw everybody from above, including people she couldn't possibly see from her bed, even in a completely improbable case she was awake, and 2) she overheard every word uttered in the room while she was in cardiac arrest. She told me the story for the first time yesterday; amazingly, she had never heard of NDE's or OBE's, so, when I told her that her episode was a common phenomenon called OBE she was stunned... I wonder how many of these phenomenons stay undiscovered, because the people who experience them wouldn't tell anhyone or would be contacted by researchers.
[-] The following 4 users Like Enrique Vargas's post:
  • Typoz, Obiwan, Doug, tim
This is a well presented, very informative interview with Dr Pim Van Lommel (probably at his home) featuring some personal testimonies to illustrate some of the points he's making.

The testimony of the first person, Magdalena, I personally find very compelling not only with the surprise and sincerity of it but the fact that this occurred at the time she lost her unborn child (which is obviously devastating)   

At 11.30, it was also interesting to see that she consulted a professor at the hospital about her experience but clearly was not impressed with what she heard. The sceptics on here might like to consider that if indeed that professor was offering her the routine 'brain based' explanations, why do these people never find it satisfactory ? As Peter Fenwick has said before, "They know it's not the right explanation."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi1OfyS14VE

For English speakers, the makers have kindly provided subtitles.
(This post was last modified: 2018-01-23, 03:26 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 5 users Like tim's post:
  • Stan Woolley, Valmar, Enrique Vargas, Obiwan, Doug
From http://www.skeptiko-forum.com/threads/ee...ost-121488

Jim_Smith, post: 121488, member: 519 Wrote:http://www.skeptiko.com/172-melvin-morse...-accounts/
Quote:Dr. Melvin Morse: So by chance or coincidence or fate or whatever, I happened to be in Pocatello, Idaho and there was a child there who had drowned in a community swimming pool. She was documented to be under water for at least 17 minutes. It just so happened that a pediatrician was in the locker room at the same community swimming pool and he attempted to revive her on the spot. His intervention probably saved her life but again, he documented that she had no spontaneous heartbeat for I would say at least 45 minutes, until she arrived at the emergency room. Then our team got there.

She was really dead. All this debate over how close do these patients come to death, etc., you know, Alex, I had the privilege of resuscitating my own patients and she was, for all intents and purposes, dead. In fact, I had told her parents that. I said that it was time for them to say goodbye to her. This was a very deeply religious Mormon family. They actually did. They crowded around the bedside and held hands and prayed for her and such as that. She was then transported to Salt Lake City. She lived. She not only lived but three days later she made a full recovery.

Alex Tsakiris: And what did she tell you…

Dr. Melvin Morse: Her first words, the first words she said when she came out of her coma, she turned to the nurse down at Primary Children’s in Salt Lake City. She says, “Where are my friends?” And then they’d say, “What do you mean, where are your friends?” She’d say, “Yeah, all the people that I met in Heaven. Where are they?” [Laughs]

The innocence of a child. So I saw her in follow-up, another one of these odd twists of fate. I happened to be in addition doing my residency and just happened to be working in the same community clinic in that area. My jaw just dropped to the floor when she and her mother walked in. I was like, “What?” I had not even heard that she had lived. I had assumed that she had died. She looked at me and she said to her mother, “There’s the man that put a tube down my nose.” [Laughs]

Alex Tsakiris: What are you thinking at that point when she says that?

Dr. Melvin Morse: You know, it’s one of those things—I laughed. I sort of giggled the way a teenager would giggle about sex. It was just embarrassing. I didn’t know what to think. Certainly, I’d trained at Johns Hopkins. I thought when you died you died. I said, “What do you mean, you saw me put a tube in your nose?”

She said, “Oh, yeah. I saw you take me into another room that looked like a doughnut.”

She said things like, “You called someone on the phone and you asked, ‘What am I supposed to do next?’”

She described the nurses talking about a cat who had died. One of the nurses had a cat that had died and it was just an incidental conversation. She said she was floating out of her body during this entire time. I just sort of laughed. And then she taps me on the wrist. You’ve got to hear this, Alex.

After I laughed she taps me on the wrist and she says, “You’ll see, Dr. Morse. Heaven is fun.” [Laughs] I was completely blown away by the entire experience. I immediately determined that I would figure out what was going on here. This was in complete defiance of everything I had been taught in terms of medicine.
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
~ Carl Jung

[-] The following 1 user Likes Valmar's post:
  • The King in the North
Another German NDE with subtitles. Very interesting, multiple out of body/near death experience after a motor cycle head on collision. This one includes an OBE during the emergency helicopter ride to the hospital, where he felt himself to be outside of the aircraft, looking back at his body and also at the landscape of the Black Forrest countryside below.

This occurred again as he arrived at the hospital on the helipad (when he was dead) and finally in the operating room where he was able to observe events and read the thoughts of the doctors (they were not vocalised) which he later was able to verify (apparently)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_B8dFlgAQ
(This post was last modified: 2018-01-26, 07:06 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 2 users Like tim's post:
  • Valmar, Doug
[Edited by an admin to a reasonably-sized extract. For the full report, click on the link]

Near Death Experiences in China - A Study of Survivors of the Tangshan Earthquake by Li Ying, published on June 11, 2002 on minghui.org.

Quote:(Clearwisdom.net) On July 28, 1976, the monstrous Tangshan earthquake caused more than 240,000 fatalities and 160,000 serious injuries. Medical workers in China did case studies on the survivors, most of whom had been buried under the rubble of collapsed buildings.

According to their recollections, more than half of the survivors reported that during the time they were in danger, not only were they not afraid, on the contrary, their minds were clear, calm and comfortable. In such a dangerous situation, there was no panic; some people even had feelings of happiness and thoughts running rapidly through their minds.

Many different thoughts came up. At this moment, things that had happened in their earlier lives kept flashing back like a movie and the scenes were mostly happy ones. The recollections were of such things as funny moments during childhood, wedding ceremonies, and achievements and awards from work. This phenomenon is called life retrospection or "full-scale recollection."

Even stranger, close to half of the people had the feeling and awareness that their consciousness or soul had left their bodies. Some of the people equated this with "the soul coming out from the shell." They stressed that they had felt their supernormal capabilities were in another dimension outside their bodies, and not inside their brains. They thought that their physical bodies neither had these abilities nor the ability to think.
(This post was last modified: 2018-02-03, 11:43 AM by Laird.)
I noticed this set of comments posted on the You Tube Sam Parnia interview "Researchers say there's evidence that consciousness continues after clinical death."  His initial comment attracts the inevitable responses and he deals/answers them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnoIf2Nw...pp=desktop

I think it's quite obvious that his experience is authentic and I found it very interesting. I haven't asked the guy if it's okay to post them (I will) but if anyone (moderators) thinks there is an issue here, let me know and I'll delete them forthwith. 

1. In 2013 I died suddenly. I had consciousness throughout the experience, but no sensation. I don't know how long I was dead because my wife found me on the floor. I didn't return, until after the paramedics arrived. When I returned, I experienced a peacefulness like I've never experienced before. In fact, it was so intense, I didn't want to come back. My wife told me I had a heart attack.

At this time, shortly after returning to life, I was comfortable with dying and asked to say goodbye to my children. I gradually became more aware of my surroundings and got up off the floor on my own. As the doctor explained, my experience took away my fear of death; changed my belief system; made me more compassionate toward others; and more at peace with myself. I am so happy that I came across this video because it lets me know that my experience isn't an anomaly.

2. I didn't see my body, and at no point did I see one. I didn't float into the sky or anything like that either. I was in total darkness, and I had no sensation; thoughts; or memories. I only observed darkness. I didn't feel a body; I wasn't walking around; I wasn't floating; I was wherever "there" is. I had no sense of time, but I remember seeing a burst of light, and once I saw the light, I found myself surrounded by it. It was at this point I began experiencing some sensation of sight and sound. visual things drew my attention, but I never identified with them. I didn't say to myself, "The grass is green." I only observed. I also observed trees and the blue sky.

I heard children laughing, and as my attention focused more on them, I saw them chasing one another. I also saw a woman sitting on the grass, but I never identified with either of them. I never made contact either. I became distracted by a voice, which seemed to be coming from the sky. It was faintly heard, and after I experienced it a few times, I suddenly found myself back in the darkness and returning to life very gradually. it was in super slow motion and in layers. Once I reached a particular point or layer, it was like supersonic; I came back to life! I knew I had died, and I believed I was going to die again, but I was totally comfortable with it, because of the love and peacefulness that came with it. It was an amazing experience, and there are no words to describe it. Today, I suffer from memory loss.

My short term memory is really bad. There are also things that I've done months or years ago that I have no recollection of. It's a very weird experience to not remember events in your life, which you've participated in, but have no memory of doing. I used to be afraid of dying, but today, I have no fear, because I know I will once again experience that unconditional love and find myself in a place where there is no fear, pain, or suffering. A place where the children are chasing one another and laughing. 

3. arieshema, you've said it best: "I felt detached, like watching a movie, no emotion, no feeling, no confusion, nothing." This is what I tried to explain in a previous reply to X Savage. I came from a Christian upbringing, so I am not trying to offend anyone, but the "God" I experienced was the peace and love, which existed in the nothingness. Due to my experience, my belief is now similar to yours: We are "not this body." Thank you for sharring your story.

4. Ron Higgins, YES! Thank you... I agree... Have you seen that movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind?" There's this scene where Richard Dreyfuss is trying to recreate this image he sees in his mind's eye, using mash potatoes? I know this is a silly analogy to use, but my experience is like that, when trying to explain it to people. My experience has changed my whole belief system. I don't focus on "Religion" anymore. I have moved away from it. I seek my own inner peace. My belief is more edgy and upsets challenges my family and friends, who are still within the fundamental religious circles. I may differ on a few of your opinions, but I agree we are watching the same ball game. I will look into the book "Merging with Siva." Thank you for your comment

5. Sam, thank you for trusting in my opinion, but I can only speak of what I personally experienced. I believe your brother heard you. I heard my wife after I moved from darkness and into the light. I gave X Savage a full description of my experience, so if you can't find it, please say and I'll post it again for you, but a brief synopsis is that before I transitioned from the darkness and into the light, I heard nothing. It was like going into a room sealed off from light and sound and staring into the darkness. Also, take away any memory or thoughts, and sensory stimulation and you'll an idea of what I partially experienced. After I transitioned into a burst of light, I only experienced sight and sound; therefore, I almost immediately heard my wife yelling my name, but I didn't know it was she, and I didn't know it was my name. It only drew my attention, but I gave it no thought because I had no thought.

Please, keep in mind, I returned to life, so who knows what happens beyond the level I experienced. Due to my experience, I believe all memories of this world will be lost forever. I understand you love and miss your brother, and I am very sorry for your loss. I believe he heard you, and have comfort in knowing, where he is, he wouldn't trade it for anything, including a second chance at life, because where he is, we'll all be eventually, and I am here to attest, the peace and love we'll experience is beyond words.

6. CODEX, before hand? I was raised fundamental Pentecostal. My sudden cardiac arrest happened when I was 46-years old. I practiced my faith up until then; sometimes more aggressively than others, but I stayed within the circle; albeit on the edge more than in the centre. After my experience, I began searching for more and looked into other faiths, including Buddhism and Hinduism. I settled for my own divine faith, which is a combination of the three, but I do not take the Bible to be literal anymore. My faith is what the God within shows me. I will say, I am closer to "God" than I ever was.

7. Tombapilot04, I have many friends who are LDS, and they are very good people. I am not or have been LDS. I just wanted to throw that out there. However, I did die suddenly. On the day I died, I woke up feeling great! I was in excellent shape, I exercised every day and was physically fit. I did some work around the house and at around 2 p.m. I began to feel sick. It progressively got worse and by 6 p.m. I couldn't walk without severe pain radiating throughout my whole body. I laid down and slept until 8 p.m. I got up to get a drink of water, started feeling like I was going to throw up, and that was it.

I try to explain it the best I can, but I agree, it's never going to be exact because it's utterly impossible for me to explain my experience to someone who never experienced it themselves. In death, I had no senses, until I moved from darkness to light, and even then, I only sensed sight and sound. I can't tell you if there was a breeze and the aroma of flowers filled the morning air with a pleasing scent. I only observed with vision and hearing, and when it was all over with, and I returned to my body, there was unbound peace; the likes I have never experienced before. I am not asking anyone to believe me. I am giving my experience, and you may have a different one. I am only sharing it because I share the same experience as the doctor in the video expressed and many others have shared here on this post. I have nothing to gain or lose.
(This post was last modified: 2018-03-19, 07:28 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 7 users Like tim's post:
  • Roberta, Smithy, Ninshub, Doug, The King in the North, Oleo, Typoz
This is an interesting report. Fabienne Dercel from Belgium - who had an NDE when she was 12 years old. There's the out of body experience, moving through walls, attempted/failed communication and interaction with her parents, ability to read their minds, passage through a hellish region, connection with the light etc.

What I found particularly interesting was that she says @4.12 "each one had a particular sound." If she means the "beings" she saw, then this resonates with what Pam Reynolds related. I see them as clues or pieces of a puzzle that's becoming clearer or more consistent. Not everyone will agree of course. I would add that the negative part of her experience is troubling and yet for those who may prefer to believe she made the whole thing up, is it likely that she would confabulate that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpTuD__x13M
[-] The following 9 users Like tim's post:
  • Roberta, Smithy, Ninshub, Kamarling, Typoz, Doug, Obiwan, Laird, Max_B
This French man, Jacques Saunier, had his NDE in rather bizarre circumstances. He apparently witnessed a Rottweiler dog attacking two smaller dogs, one of which was reportedly killed. The owner of the smaller dogs was also injured in the attack. The owner (of the Rottweiler) tried to escape and Jacques jumped on a bicycle to chase him, before unfortunately colliding with a scooter and crashing hard into the ground, which put him in a coma.

During his NDE he reports meeting up with a dead Uncle who'd been shot by the Nazi's many decades ago and also saw his wife's dead Grandmother, whom he'd never met. It seems when he decided he didn't want to come back to earth, they (the relatives) 'pushed' him back into his body.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlmLbnMyVU0
(This post was last modified: 2018-04-06, 04:21 PM by tim.)
[-] The following 3 users Like tim's post:
  • Roberta, Obiwan, Doug

• View a Printable Version