Multimedia Resources Thread

5 Replies, 5506 Views

Please post links to multimedia files (videos, podcasts, etc.) here.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-14, 04:35 AM by Doug.)
Massimo Pigliucci on the Hard Problem of Consciousness:

[-] The following 3 users Like malf's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub, Doug
Chomsky on the limits of our ability to dissect the Hard Problem.

'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2017-08-17, 07:31 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Ninshub, malf
(2017-08-17, 07:30 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: Chomsky on the limits of our ability to dissect the Hard Problem.

90 Minutes? If only he new Massimo had a 5 minute video to put him straight!  Wink
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-18, 02:44 AM by malf.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes malf's post:
  • Ninshub
In this video, I explain a basic view which suggests that trying to explain how consciousness arises out of material states is flawed. Instead, we should consider how the whole Universe is Itself living and conscious. (...) I am not trying to offer a specific alternative scientific hypothesis here, but rather just simply explain a different way of looking at this from the general philosophical perspective.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • laborde, malf
(2017-08-18, 03:10 AM)Ninshub Wrote: In this video, I explain a basic view which suggests that trying to explain how consciousness arises out of material states is flawed. Instead, we should consider how the whole Universe is Itself living and conscious. (...) I am not trying to offer a specific alternative scientific hypothesis here, but rather just simply explain a different way of looking at this from the general philosophical perspective.

He's awesome!
[-] The following 1 user Likes malf's post:
  • laborde

• View a Printable Version