Modern sightings of fairies

16 Replies, 3258 Views

Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a longish blog post on modern sightings of fairies:
https://deadbutdreaming.wordpress.com/20...n-faeries/

The whole blog is fairy-oriented, though for some reason it prefers the archaic spelling "faerie".
[-] The following 2 users Like Guest's post:
  • neilrushton, Ninshub
(2017-12-05, 12:36 PM)Chris Wrote: Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a longish blog post on modern sightings of fairies:

The whole blog is fairy-oriented, though for some reason it prefers the archaic spelling "faerie".

It is a symbolic embodiment. Those beings – not to say they do not have their own self-conscious cognizance – but they are an extension of the unconscious portion of the mass [collective] consciousness that all of us are together. It is one way to communicate with a portion of ourselves that is considered to be more naturally connected.

Which explains why they were more prevalent in the olden days...because people believed in them, a more realized connection to nature. Perhaps, it would be more appropriate to say brought into manifestation in physical reality.

They are a part of Nature's social network and can be found if you know where to look. Smile
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-05, 07:30 PM by Pssst.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Pssst's post:
  • woethekitty, Larry
For anyone interested in this subject I would recommend reading Patrick Harpur. I had the pleasure of spending a weekend in his company (he runs occasional small seminars in his lovely Dorset village home) and found his knowledge on subjects including alchemy, classical and pagan mythology plus the history of encounters with other-worldly beings to be extensive and fascinating.

Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 3 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • DaveB, Larry, Pssst
(2017-12-05, 07:38 PM)Kamarling Wrote: For anyone interested in this subject I would recommend reading Patrick Harpur. I had the pleasure of spending a weekend in his company (he runs occasional small seminars in his lovely Dorset village home) and found his knowledge on subjects including alchemy, classical and pagan mythology plus the history of encounters with other-worldly beings to be extensive and fascinating.

Daimonic Reality: A Field Guide to the Otherworld

"The key to being alert to it lies in what [Blake Bashar, Kryon, et al] called the Imagination, and in not allowing the rational [physical] mind to shut out what it cannot readily comprehend or control."

The Higher Mind conceives
The physical brain receives
The physical mind perceives and only understands what has happened, not HOW things happen, and is built to do just that and only that.

Imagination is the conduit to and from conception to perception.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pssst's post:
  • Kamarling
The Daily Grail has a review of a new book entitled "Magical Folk: British and Irish Fairies, 500 AD to the Present", edited by Simon Young and Ceri Houlbrook. 

Region to region it covers fairy lore perfectly and exhaustively (surprisingly so for 256 page book), but by including modern as well as historical examples of the lore, Magical Folk manages to bring its subject matter to life.

https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/02/revie...e-present/

The final section deals with fairies with British and Irish origins in North America. The book is reasonably priced, at £15.18 for hardcover and £6.64 for Kindle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Kamarling
(2017-12-05, 12:36 PM)Chris Wrote: Courtesy of the Daily Grail, here's a longish blog post on modern sightings of fairies:

Hello Chris - I'm the author at deadbutdreaming. Thanks very much for posting the link to this post - it's appreciated. I purposely chose the spelling 'faerie' as, although it can be the archaic form of the name (originally Old French, and used by Spenser for The Faerie Queene) I think that recently there has come to be a semantic distinction between 'faerie/s' and 'fairy/fairies'. 'Fairies' seems most often to refer to the whimsical creatures of Victoriana and children's literature/films, whereas 'faeries' denotes a more genuine folkloric connotation. I think this was probably instigated by the popular 1978 illustrated book by Brian Froud and Alan Lee: Faeries', which helped to take the faeries back to their roots. The blogsite is very much about looking at the faeries of folklore, and modern perceptions of what they might (and might not) be, and so I've gone with this spelling. By the way, the new book Magical Folk, which you mention down the thread, is excellent. I have a review for it here: Magical Folk Review. Thanks again for your interest.
[-] The following 2 users Like neilrushton's post:
  • DaveB, Doug
(2018-02-09, 12:17 AM)neilrushton Wrote: Hello Chris - I'm the author at deadbutdreaming.

I am wondering if there is any physical evidence for fairies - for example, have they ever been photographed?

I know there are instances where several people have seen them at the same time.

There are so many aspects to non-physical reality - fairies  are something I have never really thought about!

Do you have any thoughts about how they fit into the rest of non-physical reality - for example, do people ever meet them while experiencing an NDE?

David
(This post was last modified: 2018-03-01, 12:28 PM by DaveB.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaveB's post:
  • neilrushton
(2018-03-01, 12:26 PM)DaveB Wrote: I am wondering if there is any physical evidence for fairies - for example, have they ever been photographed?

I know there are instances where several people have seen them at the same time.

There are so many aspects to non-physical reality - fairies  are something I have never really thought about!

Do you have any thoughts about how they fit into the rest of non-physical reality - for example, do people ever meet them while experiencing an NDE?

David

David - you might find some answers here The Phenomenology of Modern Faeries. The NDE question is a good one, which would need some research - I don't know the answer. neil.
'Remember, your model of reality is not reality.' Thomas Campbell
Neil,

On the picture on the top of your review, is a very nice example of a faery ring. I know there is a scientific explanation for these rings, something to do with the fungus using up nutriments at one central point and then progressively spreading out to continue feeding.

However, many of us have become very cynical about 'scientific' explanations, because for example, such explanations of NDE's make some quite extreme assumptions, which are then never taken back into the relevant science as a whole.

I am wondering if these rings are as well explained conventionally as people are lead to believe.

David
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaveB's post:
  • neilrushton
(2018-03-01, 12:26 PM)DaveB Wrote: I am wondering if there is any physical evidence for fairies - for example, have they ever been photographed? I know there are instances where several people have seen them at the same time. There are so many aspects to non-physical reality - fairies  are something I have never really thought about!

D, there are photos of fairies whether or not they are accurate or true is difficult to determine. Faeries, like ET, and other Elementals, don't fit into any specific dimensional space and can only be photographed by those who have the sense and sesibility to see them at their heightened vibrational level. Can't photo what you can't see but, in time, we will evolve, remember who were are and what we once were/are capable and the physical evidence will be forthcoming.

• View a Printable Version