Michael Cremo

1 Replies, 864 Views

On Skeptiko, dpdownsouth posted a link to a talk by Michael Cremo, a researcher inspired by the Hindu Puranas, about evidence of human existence far earlier than conventional archaeologists believe:

Another poster referred to the "excruciating academic precision" of his citations, which sounded good to me, and his Wikipedia page, despite the obligatory condemnation of his work in the opening paragraph ("mainstream scholars ... describe it as pseudoscientific") gives the impression that it's not in fact dismissed out of hand by all archaeologists.

I've started to listen to the talk, and I think he comes across well so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
(2018-01-31, 10:25 AM)Chris Wrote: Another poster referred to the "excruciating academic precision" of his citations, which sounded good to me, and his Wikipedia page, despite the obligatory condemnation of his work in the opening paragraph ("mainstream scholars ... describe it as pseudoscientific") gives the impression that it's not in fact dismissed out of hand by all archaeologists.

I've started to listen to the talk, and I think he comes across well so far.

Here's another chat with Cremo I just stumbled across (YouTube offered it up for me to view as one of its recommendations).

I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
[-] The following 2 users Like Kamarling's post:
  • Steve001, Sciborg_S_Patel

• View a Printable Version