Marrying Close To The Family

13 Replies, 3339 Views

Got me thinking. Where is it proclaimed that sisters should not/cannot not marry sisters or brothers marrying brothers. Other than religious dogma and statutory law.

Clearly, before birth control and in biblical times there were reasons why and the reasons for not breeding are still valid. But in a modern liberal society this no longer holds and two men or two women will not be procreating but are able to marry….and they can offer a loving family to a surrogate born or adoptee.

So is the answer is simply ‘cultural’?
(2017-12-03, 09:56 PM)Pssst Wrote: Got me thinking. Where is it proclaimed that sisters should not/cannot not  marry sisters or brothers marrying brothers. Other than religious dogma and statutory law.

Clearly, before birth control and in biblical times there were reasons why and the reasons for not breeding are still valid. But in a modern liberal society this no longer holds and two men or two women will not be procreating but are able to marry….and they can offer a loving family to a surrogate born or adoptee.

So is the answer is simply ‘cultural’?

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/w...attraction
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve001's post:
  • Doug, Ninshub
[Image: bwjftcz5ingfji28la3h.jpg]
"The cure for bad information is more information."
(2017-12-04, 03:45 AM)Steve001 Wrote: https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/wjeq44/why-cant-i-consent-to-sex-with-my-brother-on-genetic-sexual-attraction

Two male brothers or two female sisters cannot be sexually reproductive which is kinda my point.

That you missed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pssst's post:
  • Ninshub
(2017-12-04, 10:00 PM)Pssst Wrote: Two male brothers or two female sisters cannot be sexually reproductive which is kinda my point.

That you missed.

They certainly can produce offspring. But if they do they might just produce flounder children or look like that feller with the Habsburg Jaw. 2 brother, 2 sisters are you insinuating a incestuous conjugation?
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-05, 12:28 AM by Steve001.)
[Image: Charles_II_Inbreeding.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Ninshub
(2017-12-04, 11:53 PM)Steve001 Wrote: They certainly can produce offspring. But if they do they might just produce flounder children or look like that feller with the Habsburg Jaw. 2 brother, 2 sisters are you insinuating a incestuous conjugation?

Two brothers.

Two sisters.

Separate couples.

Not a difficult concept.
(2017-12-05, 07:40 PM)Pssst Wrote: Two brothers.

Two sisters.

Separate couples.

Not a difficult concept.

Pro Tip: try actually reading links before thinking you know what they're about.
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-06, 04:23 PM by Mediochre.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mediochre's post:
  • Steve001
Quote:Pro Tip: try actually reading links before thinking you know what they're about.

Here's another. Try reading the OP before posting a whole thread full of irrelevant responses about something else.
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Reece, Mediochre, Pssst
(2017-12-08, 11:13 AM)Typoz Wrote: Here's another. Try reading the OP before posting a whole thread full of irrelevant responses about something else.

heh

Kids, whatya gonna do? LOL

Back to topic. I was raised in a very rural Eastern Kentucky home, more like a cabin, all sisters and brothers 15 years or older than I. Never wanted to date one much less cohabit. Not so with many of my neighbors. Marriage licenses were for the rich, you know, the ones with a front porch. Smile 

Two brothers would live together, never was the word gay or homo or anything related to their relationship...although everyone knew there was a sexual component. It was just two brothers "who couldn't git married". Sister-sister, same thing, no lebo, no gay, just two sisters who were "old maids"...although everyone knew there was a sexual component.

Came time to move to the big city, county seat, must have been thousands of people. Culture completed changed and we were only a few miles up the hills.

Religion was the difference, not law (enforcement).
[-] The following 2 users Like Pssst's post:
  • Typoz, Doug

• View a Printable Version