Is physical mediumship fraudulent?

158 Replies, 25091 Views

The topic of physical mediumship and fraud was raised in another thread, so thought I would start a debate about it here.

I am not aware of any physical medium from the past who was not at some time or another exposed as a fraud by investigators or séance sitters.

For proponents who reply here, I guess I would be looking for strong evidence to why you think a physical medium has performed genuine phenomena.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fake Leuders's post:
  • Brian
This post has been deleted.
QuaLeuders, you are so far out of your league with this topic. Yet it's the nature of a crank hypothesis. Build a vast superstructure on a combination of the flimsiest of evidence, misinterpretation, and heavy amounts of speculation, all bolted together by a remarkable confidence that you, YOU, are the one who has peeled away all the layers of the onion. Throw in a few "wake up, sheeple" statements and call it a day.

Remember, "A closed mouth gathers no foot".
[-] The following 6 users Like Pssst's post:
  • Slorri, Sciborg_S_Patel, Stan Woolley, jkmac, Oleo, Ninshub
(2017-08-30, 10:05 PM)Pssst Wrote: QuaLeuders, you are so far out of your league with this topic. Yet it's the nature of a crank hypothesis. Build a vast superstructure on a combination of the flimsiest of evidence, misinterpretation, and heavy amounts of speculation, all bolted together by a remarkable confidence that you, YOU, are the one who has peeled away all the layers of the onion. Throw in a few "wake up, sheeple" statements and call it a day.

Remember, "A closed mouth gathers no foot".

Your post is lacking evidence. Do you agree physical mediumship is fraudulent? If not what do you think it is evidence for?
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-31, 01:46 AM by Fake Leuders.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fake Leuders's post:
  • Brian
Some of it definitely is, a lot of it probably is. A small list of phenomena I've read about seem nearly impossible to fake. Those phenomena are often from sittings that contained dodgy stuff, so it's hard to know what to make of it.
(2017-08-31, 01:44 AM)Leuders Wrote: Your post is lacking evidence. Do you agree physical mediumship is fraudulent? If not what do you think it is evidence for?

Your post in the reincarnation thread lacked any evidence. Pot calling the kettle black.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dante's post:
  • Ninshub, E. Flowers, Laird

• View a Printable Version