INFO about newly installed plugins, themes, & other features

58 Replies, 29818 Views

(2017-10-17, 12:33 AM)Pollux Wrote: Hi there, been AFK for a while. I remember a few new installed add-ons to the forum that dint had a  short time to deliver a Knw-How-about these addons I will try to do it in the coming dats.
And Do you have any complaint about them; come to me HERE

//
Pollux

The quote-box here above, I got by clicking the yellow REPLY-button at the right bottom of that post. One can use QUOTE-button if one want to make several quotes from different post/posters, and want the whole text included.
But if you just want a portion of the text, and still want the box and the name of the person whom typed the post, you can do the blue marking of a portion of the text.

If we take my post-box as an example:

[Image: fx2jybS.png]
As you can see we have the ordinary features of Reply and Quote at the right hand bottom.
But lets say I want only part of that post to quote from. So if I take my mouse and click-drag and blue-mark the text I want to quote, you can suddenly see a former hidden button shows up in the right bottom corner, called; REPLY. (which the red arrow points at)

[Image: cE4V2eF.png]
So when you have blue-marked the text you want, just simply push that; REPLY-button, and the selective text should appear in your own reply-box. This feature only makes that REPLY-button visible when you blue-mark text.

This you can do as many times you like from a long post.
(This post was last modified: 2018-01-11, 03:37 AM by Pollux.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Doug, Kamarling, Laird
Quote:So if I take my mouse and click-drag and blue-mark the text I want to quote, you can suddenly see a former hidden button shows up in the right bottom corner, called; REPLY. (which the red arrow points at)
I'm not sure that I understand. Is this discussing some plug-in that you plan to install in the future, or are you saying it is already installed? If the latter, how do I enable it in my browser please?
(2018-01-11, 11:27 AM)Typoz Wrote: I'm not sure that I understand. Is this discussing some plug-in that you plan to install in the future, or are you saying it is already installed? If the latter, how do I enable it in my browser please?

If you're using the default theme, it should already be enabled. I don't often use the method described by Pollux, but as a default theme user, it's been available to me for a very long time.
(2018-01-11, 03:33 PM)Doug Wrote: If you're using the default theme, it should already be enabled. I don't often use the method described by Pollux, but as a default theme user, it's been available to me for a very long time.

So all I need to do is just click+drag to select and the hidden 'reply' button should be displayed? Doesn't work for me. Maybe I need to read the instructions again.
(2018-01-11, 04:55 PM)Typoz Wrote: So all I need to do is just click+drag to select and the hidden 'reply' button should be displayed? Doesn't work for me. Maybe I need to read the instructions again.

If you select a paragraph from a short post, the "Reply" button should be visible. In a long post spanning more than one page, you might need to scroll to the end of the post to see the button.

HTH
(This post was last modified: 2018-01-11, 05:19 PM by Doug.)
(2018-01-11, 05:18 PM)Doug Wrote: If you select a paragraph from a short post, the "Reply" button should be visible. In a long post spanning more than one page, you might need to scroll to the end of the post to see the button.

HTH

Thanks for the reply.

Still not seeing it. I wonder whether it works for anyone else?
(2018-01-11, 05:50 PM)Typoz Wrote: Still not seeing it. I wonder whether it works for anyone else?

Worked for me, just now.

Linda
[-] The following 1 user Likes fls's post:
  • Typoz
(2018-01-11, 05:50 PM)Typoz Wrote: I wonder whether it works for anyone else?

It works for me. Has worked for me since Pollux installed it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Typoz
(2018-01-11, 05:50 PM)Typoz Wrote: Still not seeing it.

Did you ever get this working, Typoz?
(2017-09-16, 12:00 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Yeah, it's not doing it now. I looked at the forum rules post yesterday and all the "Skeptics" had been changed to smilies

And this is bad? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pssst's post:
  • Ninshub

• View a Printable Version