INFO about newly installed plugins, themes, & other features

58 Replies, 29746 Views

Here we will post info, support, and help on how to use newly installed plugins, themes, & other features on the forum.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-14, 11:17 PM by Pollux.)
[-] The following 6 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Slorri, laborde, Brian, Doug, Laird, Ninshub
Quote:Fast Quote

Quote has never been so easy!
This plugin provide very fast quote option - select text and click the Fast Quote button (see picture below).

This additional Fast Quote button provide super-fast option to quote selected text. instead of the whole post.
It supports whole post also (just click it), or only selected area.
It also supports mycode/bbcode in quoted posts.

The Fast Quote button is placed between the Delete and Reply  buttons (see pic.)

[Image: YBqyjke.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Brian, Laird, Ninshub
Quote:Country Flag 1.2.1

Description:
Allows users to display their countries' flag on posts, profile and member list.

Features:
  • Country flags are shown on the postbit, member list and in a user's profile.
  • 250 countries are included, and all flag icons are up-to-date with that countries' current flag as of 2014.
  • Full language support (including country names).
To set your country flag go to your User CP > then under Your Profile in the left column click Edit Profile > then under Optional Fields choose your country > then click Update Profile at the bottom of the page.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-14, 03:35 AM by Pollux.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pollux's post:
  • Brian
Quote:Quick Advanced Editor Plus

Features:
The full tools of edidting is now availble in the Quic-Reply box.
Another thing that came with this plugin is that it does an autosave of your draft while you are typing in the box - and should your browser or PC lockup, your text can now be retrieved. Haven't tried this myself yet, but maybe someone here can do it and report back.
  • Sceditor in quick reply
  • Sceditor in quick edit
  • Smilie-box in quick reply
  • Quick quote feature
  • Auto Save Draft feature  (Only in quick reply, this plugin not made any modification in codebutton template
With the new smilies, it seems some words automatically become smilies - like skeptic/skeptical. Does anyone find that's a problem?
(2017-09-15, 11:30 PM)Ninshub Wrote: With the new smilies, it seems some words automatically become smilies - like skeptic/skeptical. Does anyone find that's a problem?

Yeah, they shouldnt do that. But I cant replicate it;   Skeptic skeptic sceptic LOL smile sad angry
Was it any other word?
[-] The following 2 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Slorri, Ninshub
Skeptics

Yeah, it's not doing it now. I looked at the forum rules post yesterday and all the "Skeptics" had been changed to smilies, and I couldn't change them back without hitting the "disable smilies" button at the bottom of the edit post function.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-16, 12:01 AM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Doug, Pollux
(2017-09-16, 12:00 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Skeptics

Yeah, it's not doing it now. I looked at the forum rules post yesterday and all the "Skeptics" had been changed to smilies, and I couldn't change them back without hitting the "disable smilies" button at the bottom of the edit post function.

OK, I'll keep my eyes open.
  • Ninshub
Hi there, been AFK for a while. I remember a few new installed add-ons to the forum that dint had a short time to deliver a Knw-How-about these addons I will try to do it in the coming dats.
And Do you have any complaint about them; come to me HERE

//
Pollux
  • Typoz
We've just made some changes which are mostly aimed at improving the forum's placing in the results of Google (and other engines) searches, especially for such phrases as "parapsychology forum". The jargon term for this is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). The changes we've made are to have:
  • Installed the Google SEO plugin and activated all of its features. The features of note are:
    • Friendly URLs. These apply to threads, forums, users, etc. Best described by example. Take the thread with title "Psi Text Resources Thread". The various supported URLs are:
      • MyBB default: <http://psiencequest.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=4> [go there]
      • MyBB default "SEO" form: <http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-4.html> [go there] (this has been the URL form up until now, from shortly after the forum began).
      • Google SEO plugin form: <http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-psi-text-resources-thread> [go there] (the new, and current, form).
    • URL redirection. Both of the former two URL forms are automatically redirected via a 301 HTTP response to the new URL form, so the change is seamless for people using the forum, and so that search engines know (because the 301 indicates a permanent redirect) to update their canonical URL for the content.
    • Autogenerated "description" meta tags. These are used by search engines when indexing content. The plugin generates them for thread pages only, based on an extract from the first post on the page. For example, on the first page of the example thread above, the plugin autogenerates as content for the meta "description" tag: "Please post links to text files (journal papers, Web articles, etc.) here." For the second page, it autogenerates: "(2017-08-21, 09:01)Chris Wrote: Yes - but proponents don't get off lightly either. For example, this review, entitled &quot;Wrong About Almost Everything&quot;, deals with a book by one A. Tsakiris: http://peli".
    • Returns a 400 HTTP response code ("Not found") for URLs to non-existent content. By default, MyBB returns a 200 HTTP response code ("OK") for such URLs. The 400 response prevents search engines from indexing the error messages returned for non-existent pages. No big deal, just a "nice to have", although the plugin also updates the error page so that it provides a text box, pre-filled based on the URL, by which to search our site via Google for a matching page, which I think is a pretty neat feature.
    • Autogenerated sitemaps. Used by search engines as an aid to discovering content. Helps us to get new content indexed as soon as possible.
  • Added a "description" meta tag for the forum's index page. The current content of the tag is: "A discussion forum based around parapsychology: the scientific research into psi, the paranormal, and extended/anomalous consciousness phenomena."
  • Added several subforum/category descriptions, adjusted some subforum names, and changed the placement of a subforum. The descriptions, added primarily for SEO purposes, have been added to all subforums of the "Extended Consciousness Phenomena" (ECP) category, as well as to the category itself. The reordered subforum is "Psience Quest Interviews", which we've moved to the end of the ECP category's listing. The forum name changes are:
    • Forum Questions and Suggestions => Forum Questions, Suggestions and Announcements. For better descriptiveness rather than SEO.
    • Psi Phenomena (ESP, PK, Remote Viewing, etc.) => Parapsychological Research into Psi Phenomena (ESP, PK, Remote Viewing, etc.). For SEO.
    • Near-Death Experiences => Near-Death Experiences (NDEs). For SEO.
Questions, comments, suggestions, criticism, etc very welcome.
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-26, 08:50 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 5 users Like Laird's post:
  • Ninshub, Typoz, Doug, malf, Kamarling

• View a Printable Version