Impersonating users deleted/perm-banned, including most notably "Leuders"

89 Replies, 22173 Views

As has been said before, it is not allowed to cast aspersions on current forum members. You may send private reports, but not public posts. New members joining in order to do this will be banned.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-12, 03:41 AM by Doug.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Doug
(2017-09-11, 11:03 PM)Laird Wrote: As well as perm-banning that account, we have deleted several other accounts created by the same individual who created the Leuders account:
  • Eveshi
  • Victor Zammit
  • Michael Prescott
  • Michael E. Tymn
  • Laird pseudoscience promoter
  • Andrew B. Chun

The previously deleted accounts, Mac, JonDonnis, badpsychics.com (the last of which was never activated, and which we hadn't mentioned deleting until now) were also under the control of this same individual.
"Atheist" can now be added to the list.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • tim, Laird
(2017-09-12, 01:07 AM)Dante Wrote: So this would be Oliver/Fake Leuders then.

I had actually noticed this new user a few minutes ago and reported it for probably being Fake Leuders based on a few things, but this post style is obviously the same as Fake Leuders.

Right. We have an infestation of Oliver Smith, but we know how to identify him, so it's just a matter of whacking the mole whenever it pops up. Don't believe a word that comes out of this guy's mouth, he's a disturbed individual who has no qualms about framing, deceiving, distorting and manipulating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • The King in the North
Is there a way to change the username in the posts? I think that removing those under "Leuders" would break a few conversations, but the actual Leuders would be right to protest them. Maybe changing the name to just "Impersonating troll" can do the trick.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 5 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • Brian, jkmac, Ninshub, Laird, Doug
(2017-09-12, 02:18 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: Is there a way to change the username in the posts? I think that removing those under "Leuders" would break a few conversations, but the actual Leuders would be right to protest them. Maybe changing the name to just "Impersonating troll" can do the trick.

Yes, there is, and, as I understand it, Ian has gone ahead and done something like that, changing the username to "Fake Leuders".
[-] The following 3 users Like Laird's post:
  • Brian, Ninshub, E. Flowers
(2017-09-12, 02:21 AM)Laird Wrote: Yes, there is, and, as I understand it, Ian has gone ahead and done something like that, changing the username to "Fake Leuders".

Excellent.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 2 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • Ninshub, Laird
(2017-09-12, 01:24 AM)Laird Wrote: Right. We have an infestation of Oliver Smith, but we know how to identify him, so it's just a matter of whacking the mole whenever it pops up. Don't believe a word that comes out of this guy's mouth, he's a disturbed individual who has no qualms about framing, deceiving, distorting and manipulating.

So... Let me see if I can get this straight... This guy is attacking us because he feels that you disturbed his personal fetish (harassing Rome Viharo, who isn't even here AFAIK) at RW? Could this guy be the same that also trolled the hell out of Skeptiko back in 2016? Because otherwise, I see no logical reason to take up beef from years ago and attack us.
(2017-09-12, 02:37 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: So... Let me see if I can get this straight... This guy is attacking us because he feels that you disturbed his personal fetish (harassing Rome Viharo, who isn't even here AFAIK) at RW? Could this guy be the same that also trolled the hell out of Skeptiko back in 2016? Because otherwise, I see no logical reason to take up beef from years ago and attack us.

Yes, I believe he is the same guy who trolled Skeptiko in 2016. I remember in particular the "bluebird" impersonation (although maybe that was earlier than 2016? I can't recall), which got me quite riled up. At that time, I had no idea who Oliver Smith was, but it clearly fits his pattern of behaviour.

Why he's attacking us I don't entirely know. Yes, he's got a thing about me supporting Rome, but he didn't originally know that I was the same Laird as on RationalWiki who argued for the deletion of their hit-piece on Rome (he PMed me to clarify), so that can't explain it. My guess is that he's been trying to set up another member here as the supposed puppet-master - a member against whom he has been waging a vendetta - but I've been asked by other founders not to identify that member, so that's all I can say at this point.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-12, 02:46 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • E. Flowers, Doug
(2017-09-12, 02:44 AM)Laird Wrote: Yes, I believe he is the same guy who trolled Skeptiko in 2016. I remember in particular the "bluebird" impersonation (although maybe that was earlier than 2016? I can't recall), which got me quite riled up. At that time, I had no idea who Oliver Smith was, but it clearly fits his pattern of behaviour.

Why he's attacking us I don't entirely know. Yes, he's got a thing about me supporting Rome, but he didn't originally know that I was the same Laird as on RationalWiki who argued for the deletion of their hit-piece on Rome (he PMed me to clarify), so that can't explain it. My guess is that he's been trying to set up another member here as the supposed puppet-master - a member against whom he has been waging a vendetta - but I've been asked by other founders not to identify that member, so that's all I can say at this point.

Figured as much... Seems like we have a bonafide nutjob in our hands. I can't say that I envy having to untangle this mess.
[-] The following 3 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • Brian, Obiwan, Laird
Wow!

This whole thing reminds me of this guy, Dennis Markuze.

I’m not saying our Master of Sock Puppets here has done anything criminal (I have no idea), but it does seem like these conversations, whether skeptic or proponent, attract some nutty types, unfortunately.

Thanks for the information, though!
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-12, 08:30 AM by Doppelgänger.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Doppelgänger's post:
  • Obiwan, Laird

• View a Printable Version