I'm seeing 3 deleted threads in Skeptic vs Proponent?

31 Replies, 4751 Views

written now to a that they don't
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
(This post was last modified: 2020-07-06, 09:37 PM by Max_B.)
This post has been deleted.
Brian? Why?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • tim
Max, FWIW, I don't see any deleted threads, and still see the threads Brian started (albeit with the OP deleted). I guess that that's 'cos I'm an admin. Will try to work out how to grant non-admins the same rights.
(2017-09-23, 05:50 PM)Brian Wrote: Same as skeptiko, I feel alone and I feel like I have given too much of myself away.

Dude. You only get when you give. OK, that's not strictly true - some people are amazing and give without getting, but you get my point, right? You are worthy, man. Don't lose faith. Keep on sharing in good faith and others will respond in good faith. Let's expand the circle of giving. Jesus would want it. :-)
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-23, 05:54 PM by Laird.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Ninshub, tim
(2017-09-23, 05:53 PM)Max_B Wrote: Moderators, can you do something to prevent this in future... perhaps remove the ability for members to delete their own posts...?

Otherwise members have the ability to remove other members posts along with their own opening posts... which is terribly disruptive.

If there is a way of restoring the deleted posts, that would be great too.

I think members should be free to delete their posts, but not when it comes to OPs, since that removes the entire thread from visibility. In those cases, they should simply edit their posts to be empty, or to contain a message like "[Post deleted]". Am willing to override deletions of OPs on this basis.

(2017-09-23, 05:55 PM)Max_B Wrote: Phew... one of those posts took me 4 hours writing last night!

Good Lord, man, you are really putting some effort into this forum. Kudos, Max. I'll make sure it's not lost.
[-] The following 3 users Like Laird's post:
  • Ninshub, stephenw, Doug

• View a Printable Version