High cpu usage when using psience quest?

7 Replies, 1643 Views

Often when I am using psience quest the cpu on my computer runs much higher than usual. The performance becomes very poor with the browser stalling for seconds at a time. Does anyone else have that problem? Is it a known issue?
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(2017-10-06, 05:05 AM)Jim_Smith Wrote: Often when I am using psience quest the cpu on my computer runs much higher than usual. The performance becomes very poor with the browser stalling for seconds at a time. Does anyone else have that problem? Is it a known issue?

Haven't seen anything like this.
Might it be your browser itself?  Or problems with your ISP?  Everything here works fine using Firefox and Virgin Broadband.

I have, though, different problems with two of my browsers after long periods of predictable performance.  Right now on two websites I can't see editing and quote buttons using Firefox and Chrome yet they're working just fine in Opera. 

Of course browsers - and some other software - seem to be forever being updated often with only weeks between releases.  And then there's Windows with its updates!   Confused
I've had weird slowness with the editing window in the past. I will check my CPU usage the next time that happens.
(2017-10-06, 01:05 PM)chuck Wrote: I've had weird slowness with the editing window in the past. I will check my CPU usage the next time that happens.

Just had this moments ago myself.
This post has been deleted.

• View a Printable Version