Hello everyone

5 Replies, 1482 Views

As the thread says, hi all,

To make a long story short, I drifted here from Skeptiko back over the summer. I made an account in July (Funkysoul78) but never got round to using it because of other business getting in the way. By the time I remembered I had a profile, everything had hit the fan in the forum community. Which saddened me. 

Then I found out a lot of the old regulars had migrated here, so I jumped at the opportunity and made myself a profile here. Look forward to the discussions, as I followed the now defunct forums a lot of you guys frequented and loved the threads then.
[-] The following 9 users Like Desperado's post:
  • diverdown, Typoz, Ninshub, Mediochre, tim, Pollux, Doug, Doppelgänger, Laird
G'day, Desperado, and welcome to the forum! At the risk of putting you on the spot, what sort of discussions (and issues, topics, themes, etc) in particular interest you? (And, if I might be so bold as to ask, what motivated your choice of username?)
[-] The following 3 users Like Laird's post:
  • tim, Doug, Desperado
(2018-01-08, 08:51 AM)Laird Wrote: G'day, Desperado, and welcome to the forum! At the risk of putting you on the spot, what sort of discussions (and issues, topics, themes, etc) in particular interest you? (And, if I might be so bold as to ask, what motivated your choice of username?)

Thanks Laird, no problem

Parapsychology has had my attention this last several months. Pretty vague, but that pretty much sums it up. To make a long story short, what drew me to forums like this was originally near death experiences, but then I discovered all the other interesting evidence suggestive of survival. I've moved onto to PSI as well recently. 

As for the name, it was simply inspired by a western movie marathon I got on the other day. Should have put it as "Psi Desperado" now that I think about it as it would've been a little more helpful (being a proponent and all)

Hope that answers some
[-] The following 3 users Like Desperado's post:
  • Ninshub, Doug, Laird
(2018-01-08, 09:14 AM)Desperado Wrote: Thanks Laird, no problem

Parapsychology has had my attention this last several months. Pretty vague, but that pretty much sums it up. To make a long story short, what drew me to forums like this was originally near death experiences, but then I discovered all the other interesting evidence suggestive of survival. I've moved onto to PSI as well recently. 

As for the name, it was simply inspired by a western movie marathon I got on the other day. Should have put it as "Psi Desperado" now that I think about it as it would've been a little more helpful (being a proponent and all)

Hope that answers some

No worries, thanks for your answers. We can probably change your name via the administrative interface if you want - just say the word if you do.
(2018-01-08, 08:43 AM)Desperado Wrote: As the thread says, hi all,

To make a long story short, I drifted here from Skeptiko back over the summer. I made an account in July (Funkysoul78) but never got round to using it because of other business getting in the way. By the time I remembered I had a profile, everything had hit the fan in the forum community. Which saddened me. 

Then I found out a lot of the old regulars had migrated here, so I jumped at the opportunity and made myself a profile here. Look forward to the discussions, as I followed the now defunct forums a lot of you guys frequented and loved the threads then.

Welcome, Desperado! Lots of interesting conversations here!
[-] The following 2 users Like Doppelgänger's post:
  • tim, Desperado
Welcome to the forum. Desperado is a universally cool name. Hopefully you like it here. It's always good to have the community grow a little more.
"The cure for bad information is more information."
[-] The following 2 users Like Mediochre's post:
  • Typoz, Ninshub

• View a Printable Version