Floating ghost - or just editing?

5 Replies, 975 Views

This is said to be a ‘Ghost’ passing through a family home that once used to be a hospital.

Quote:The footage, captured on the owners internal cameras, shows a family’s living room at night before a possible ‘Ghost’ seemingly floated into vision before dissipating.

House owner Stephen Lee originally had the cameras installed to record he and his partner James’ two French Bulldogs.

WATCH IT IN FULLSCREEN-MODE

Quote:After seeing the footage, Stephen said: ‘Being a sKeptic I was thinking of what else it could be but our living room backs onto a private garden so there was very little it could be". Stephen said: ‘After watching the footage a billion times I finally accepted it was likely to be something supernatural.’

‘On the run up to the footage our youngest dog  – still a puppy at this stage) – kept staring into our hallway and on a couple of occasions growled but we just dismissed this and thought he was still settling in.
http://beyondrealitynews.com/2017/12/15/...-hospital/
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-17, 11:56 AM by Pollux.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Pollux's post:
  • Ninshub, tim, Doug
(2017-12-17, 11:09 AM)Pollux Wrote: This is said to be a ‘Ghost’ passing through a family home that once used to be a hospital.

WATCH IT IN FULLSCREEN-MODE

At face value it seems to be too good to be true, that would be my thoughts, anyway. Just like all the rest of these incidents, it will leave us wondering without confirmation.

Someone told me of an unusual set of occurrences while he was in hospital (not the guy I last referred to). He had been very severely injured and told me that amongst other things, troops of old firemen (wearing leather helmets) had marched past his bed whilst he was in dire straights. He thought they were there to encourage him to soldier on and were somehow saluting him.  

I don't know what to make of the video but thanks for posting it !
[-] The following 1 user Likes tim's post:
  • Pollux
Hm. Without knowing what kind of anomalous images can appear on a camera of this type, and assuming there’s no horseplay, I think I’d need an expert opinion. It’s a curious effect.

That’s the trouble photographs and videos though isn’t it? Especially these days they’re so sophisticated it’s anyones guess about how a particular image came to be recorded.
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-21, 10:43 AM by Obiwan.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • Pollux, tim
I have the same difficulty with this video that I had with something anomalous in a much older video, (in a gym if I recall correctly) discussed several years ago on skeptiko. That is, because we have just a single camera point if view, there is no depth information. It is impossible to determine whether what is seen is something large but far away, or small and very near. Given two things, (a) the blurriness of the image and (b) the position of the light source next to the lens, the probability is that this is something extremely tiny, very close to the lens. That still doesn't give much idea of what it actually is, it doesn't seem to be insect-like, and the type of motion if this was say a falling cobweb, would require some air current to animate it. What the ventilation or airflow is like, we have no idea.
(This post was last modified: 2017-12-24, 06:44 AM by Typoz.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Pollux
(2017-12-24, 06:42 AM)Typoz Wrote: I have the same difficulty with this video that I had with something anomalous in a much older video, (in a gym if I recall correctly) discussed several years ago on skeptiko. That is, because we have just a single camera point if view, there is no depth information. It is impossible to determine whether what is seen is something large but far away, or small and very near. Given two things, (a) the blurriness of the image and (b) the position of the light source next to the lens, the probability is that this is something extremely tiny, very close to the lens. That still doesn't give much idea of what it actually is, it doesn't seem to be insect-like, and the type of motion if this was say a falling cobweb, would require some air current to animate it. What the ventilation or airflow is like, we have no idea.

Why I don't think it is something small (insect etc) on the lens is because of the smoothness of the motion. Take a look at these 3 videos of what's been thought to be apparitions, but appear to be something small, close to the lens, because of its rather jerky motion.

Out of the three objects passing by the camera, in this clip below, it is the third that looks most interesting - having the outline of a body.

I come to think of this clip, where the outline of a body in motion is rather apparent, considering.

But of course, we cant rule out editing/trickery without some proper video analysis.

(2017-12-24, 08:57 AM)Pollux Wrote: Why I don't think it is something small (insect etc) on the lens is because of the smoothness of the motion. Take a look at these 3 videos of what's been thought to be apparitions, but appear to be something small, close to the lens, because of its rather jerky motion.
Thanks for the links - I've not had time to look at them so far.

Jerky motion might be typical of something alive such as an insect, or something fluttering as it creates its own turbulence, such as a leaf. However if something is not moving through the air, but rather is moving with the air, then smooth motion is highly likely. I'm not expressing any opinion on what it actually might be, but I don't think we can so easily rule out something small. Certainly from an optical point of view, something very small and out of focus is very likely, regardless of what it is.

That's why I think understanding the possible airflow in that location would be important. Any serious investigation would consider not just the possibility of draughts or airflows such as air-conditioning vents, but also test the location using smoke to actually observe how the air is moving.

Quote:But of course, we cant rule out editing/trickery without some proper video analysis.
Personally I don't particularly think this looks sufficiently unusual to need to invoke editing or trickery - while it can't be ruled out, the video is sufficiently mundane that ordinary explanations would seem sufficient.

Of course there is always room for something significant to be captured, but photography in general generates so many anomalies in the ordinary course of things that it is pretty much the norm, at least every now and then.
[-] The following 3 users Like Typoz's post:
  • tim, Obiwan, Doug

• View a Printable Version