ersby finds scientific evidence for the existence of Ents

8 Replies, 1726 Views

In his latest blog post:
http://ersby.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/scie...ce-of.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • malf
(2017-09-26, 09:54 PM)Chris Wrote: In his latest blog post:
http://ersby.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/scie...ce-of.html

We may need to apply some Bayesian analysis to this finding.
(2017-10-08, 08:40 AM)malf Wrote: We may need to apply some Bayesian analysis to this finding.

He even includes a photograph of an Ent. What more do people want?
(2017-10-08, 08:53 AM)Chris Wrote: He even includes a photograph of an Ent. What more do people want?

Chris

In a way it would be lovely to believe all this stuff about the Ents. It certainly beats reading about Theresa May's cough, and even Donald Trump's antics. 

But do you really expect people here to accept what you're saying on the basis of the information in your posts? I mean, I think you have quite a critical audience here, and in your place I'd be trying to present some verifiable evidence rather than just stating things as facts. I'm just not sure what you expect to achieve.

Angel
[-] The following 2 users Like Pssst's post:
  • Laird, Doug
(2017-10-08, 06:18 PM)Pssst Wrote: Chris

In a way it would be lovely to believe all this stuff about the Ents. It certainly beats reading about Theresa May's cough, and even Donald Trump's antics. 

But do you really expect people here to accept what you're saying on the basis of the information in your posts? I mean, I think you have quite a critical audience here, and in your place I'd be trying to present some verifiable evidence rather than just stating things as facts. I'm just not sure what you expect to achieve.

Angel

Ah. Are you telling me my post about Ents is on the same level as your posts about Ets?
(2017-10-08, 06:45 PM)Chris Wrote: Ah. Are you telling me my post about Ents is on the same level as your posts about Ets?

Dunno what you mean by "level" but there are two things that can be said about Ents.

1) If you can imagine them (Tolkein), they have to exist somewhere.
2) Anthropomorphism is a common theme in the understanding of Natural elementals.

Elias (and several other ET communicators) speak about the rock-face elementals (Arizona in particular, Sedona area to be specific) which they humorously call one of them "Rusty", beings who desire the experience of being a rock. There are recent comments regarding the misunderstood role of trees and tree spirits and the beings that choose those archetypal, shifting experiences.
Pssst

I'm quite open to people preferring non-scientific viewpoints of the world (whether they're proponents or sceptics  ROFL ), but I think the things you're talking about are probably subtly different from trees getting up and walking about, so that they appear in one place on one map and another place on a later one.
(2017-10-08, 08:33 PM)Chris Wrote: Pssst

I'm quite open to people preferring non-scientific viewpoints of the world (whether they're proponents or sceptics  ROFL ), but I think the things you're talking about are probably subtly different from trees getting up and walking about, so that they appear in one place on one map and another place on a later one.

It's relative to your POV. Your POV sees walking, living, talking trees as a 'more miraculous' event than tree spirits. Would Gandalph? <shrug>

From my POV, it is much the same. There is an infinite variety of conscious objects, beings, and at this point in my own awakening, I am rarely surprised by anything I hear, see or imagine to be.
Hmm. Call me old-fashioned, but I think incredulity can be quite useful sometimes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • malf

• View a Printable Version