Dreaming The Future

21 Replies, 4051 Views

Hey everyone! I'm new here, and don't know whether you folks will all have seen the thread on Skeptiko about my new book. (I know at least some of you have seen it.) So here's a link to a post describing what's new in the book. Forgive me if this is redundant.

Thanks,
Bruce
[-] The following 8 users Like Bruce Siegel's post:
  • Dreamsoap, Doppelgänger, tim, Ninshub, soulatman, Typoz, E. Flowers, Doug
Looking forward to reading. Definitely on my list!
[-] The following 1 user Likes chuck's post:
  • Ninshub
(2017-09-05, 07:33 PM)chuck Wrote: Looking forward to reading. Definitely on my list!
Thanks, Chuck! I look forward to discussing it with you.
(2017-09-05, 07:24 PM)Bruce Siegel Wrote: Hey everyone! I'm new here, and don't know whether you folks will all have seen the thread on Skeptiko about my new book. (I know at least some of you have seen it.) So here's a link to a post describing what's new in the book. Forgive me if this is redundant.

Thanks,
Bruce
Welcome... 

Don't mean to be a kill-joy Bruce, but you might have considered participating for a bit before trying to sell us something. Might have been better form.
(2017-09-05, 08:07 PM)jkmac Wrote: Welcome... 

Don't mean to be a kill-joy Bruce, but you might have considered participating for a bit before trying to sell us something. Might have been better form.

I understand where you're coming from, and maybe you're right. But as a long-time Skeptiko contributor (years ago), I know several of the members here. One of them, in fact—SoulAtman—kindly allowed me to include one of his old Skeptiko posts in the book. So I'm not a total stranger. [Image: smile.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Bruce Siegel's post:
  • Doppelgänger, Ninshub, Doug, soulatman, Typoz
Bruce is good folks. No harm, no foul.
[-] The following 2 users Like chuck's post:
  • Ninshub, Typoz
(2017-09-05, 08:33 PM)Bruce Siegel Wrote: I understand where you're coming from, and maybe you're right. But as a long-time Skeptiko contributor (years ago), I know several of the members here. One of them, in fact—SoulAtman—kindly allowed me to include one of his old Skeptiko posts in the book. So I'm not a total stranger. [Image: smile.png]

And like I said, I am so totally flattered that you did.

Thanks Bruce,

Can't wait to read it.
(2017-09-05, 09:48 PM)soulatman Wrote: And like I said, I am so totally flattered that you did.

Thanks! As I mentioned to you, it's a perfect fit for that chapter. I only hope the rest of the book rises to the same level as what you wrote.
Bruce Siegel Wrote:
Hey Jake, do you remember that several years ago I asked your permission to include part of your Skeptiko post in my book? Well, it's in there, and in a prominent place, to motivate readers to start their own experiment. So I just wanted to thank you again!

(I started a thread here on PQ about the book.)

Best,
Bruce Siegel

Hi Bruce,
I do remember that yes, though cannot remember the content of my post which you asked about.
I am utterly flattered that you have included something from my life in your book. I had a look on amazon and will be purchasing the book on payday. How is it going? Is your book selling well?
It is a topic of tremendous interest to me, and the thing which finally provided the categorical proof I had been seeking for my whole life. Proof that there was indeed more to this existence than the cold, dead, Lego brick mechanics of the materialist myth propogated by our scientific priesthood.
Paying attention to my dreams opened a door which they had sealed shut dishonestly, and the re opening of that door cured me of the severe claustraphobia which was starting to take hold. The claustraphobia of the myth of meaninglessness, of accidental and pointless existence, of coming from nowhere and going into nothing and oblivion, for no reason other than some blind and futile attempt at Darwinian "survival", which isn't really survival at all, but an obsession with sex and death (or the futility of avoiding death at all costs).
My god, dreams truly have the power to set us free. The mystery doesnt end there, it is where it begins. I have never been more lost in my life, but because dreams have opened the door to the spiritual, that is ok, and perhaps necessary. I believe we have decided to lose ourselves in order to discover something which can only be found through getting lost. No idea what, but I intuit that it is of the highest value.
I think our dreams try to remind us that we are here for a reason, and perhaps precognitive dreams are a good and powerful wayof proving that to us in a concrete way.
Thanks again Bruce,
I'm so flattered.
[-] The following 5 users Like soulatman's post:
  • tim, Ninshub, Silence, Bruce Siegel, Doug
(2017-09-07, 06:42 AM)soulatman Wrote: Bruce Siegel Wrote:
   Hey Jake, do you remember that several years ago I asked your permission to include part of your Skeptiko post in my book? Well, it's in there, and in a prominent place, to motivate readers to start their own experiment. So I just wanted to thank you again!

(I started a thread here on PQ about the book.)

Best,
   Bruce Siegel

Hi Bruce,
I do remember that yes, though cannot remember the content of my post which you asked about.
I am utterly flattered that you have included something from my life in your book. I had a look on amazon and will be purchasing the book on payday. How is it going? Is your book selling well?
It is a topic of tremendous interest to me, and the thing which finally provided the categorical proof I had been seeking for my whole life. Proof that there was indeed more to this existence than the cold, dead, Lego brick mechanics of the materialist myth propogated by our scientific priesthood.
Paying attention to my dreams opened a door which they had sealed shut dishonestly, and the re opening of that door cured me of the severe claustraphobia which was starting to take hold. The claustraphobia of the myth of meaninglessness, of accidental and pointless existence, of coming from nowhere and going into nothing and oblivion, for no reason other than some blind and futile attempt at Darwinian "survival", which isn't really survival at all, but an obsession with sex and death (or the futility of avoiding death at all costs).
My god, dreams truly have the power to set us free. The mystery doesnt end there, it is where it begins. I have never been more lost in my life, but because dreams have opened the door to the spiritual, that is ok, and perhaps necessary. I believe we have decided to lose ourselves in order to discover something which can only be found through getting lost. No idea what, but I intuit that it is of the highest value.
I think our dreams try to remind us that we are here for a reason, and perhaps precognitive dreams are a good and powerful wayof proving that to us in a concrete way.
Thanks again Bruce,
I'm so flattered.
My pleasure Bruce. Good luck with the book.

• View a Printable Version