Do you guys want interviews?

57 Replies, 12107 Views

Is this for discussing Skeptiko eps or do you want to have interviews ourselves?

Because I feel like a few of us can probably ask some spiritual practitioners, scientists, philosophers, and parapsychologists to come talk to us?

-Sci
[-] The following 4 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Bucky, Doug, Laird, Ninshub
Sci, the idea for this subforum was proposed by some members who wanted a place here to discuss episodes from different podcasts. But, wow, if some of us are up to interviewing people and creating that type of new content, that would be terrific.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Doug, Laird
Sci, I'd also like to say: you are what we call a forum-maker. Wink
[-] The following 8 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • tim, Max_B, Bucky, hypermagda, malf, Doug, Laird, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2017-08-14, 02:08 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Sci, I'd also like to say: you are what we call a forum-maker. Wink

Haha thanks but no one person can make a forum, you all are the ones who set it up and made it happen! :-)
[-] The following 4 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • tim, Max_B, malf, Typoz
Interviews are a great idea. Particularly if there can be advanced notice so members can suggest questions.

Skeptiko interviews often had as certain angle on things and I think would be interesting to have a different perspective.
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-14, 02:28 AM by Jim_Smith.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • tim, Laird, Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub
(2017-08-14, 02:08 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Sci, I'd also like to say: you are what we call a forum-maker. Wink

Indeed. I was tempted to say, when Sci made his first post: "Relax, everybody. Sci's joined. It's official: everything is going to be OK". :-)
[-] The following 8 users Like Laird's post:
  • tim, Bucky, Oleo, hypermagda, Sciborg_S_Patel, malf, Typoz, Ninshub
It would be cool to have a few interviews of our own. I know a few foreign languages (especially Spanish, also Portuguese), so I can help contacting some international guests if pointed their way.

PS- It's good to see all of you.
[-] The following 7 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • tim, Laird, Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub, Typoz, Jim_Smith, Doug
I will try to contact Titus Rivas and ask him to give an interview - I had some long e-mail exchanges with him, and, dare I say, we two liked and respected each other. I tried on the old forum, but failed due to Titus' conflict with Alex. Now we have left Alex behind, so I will make a second attempt!
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-14, 08:32 PM by Vortex.)
[-] The following 5 users Like Vortex's post:
  • tim, Ninshub, Laird, Doug, E. Flowers
(2017-08-14, 08:29 PM)Vortex Wrote: I will try to contact Titus Rivas and ask him to give an interview - I had some long e-mail exchanges with him, and, dare I say, we two liked and respected each other. I tried on the old forum, but failed due to Titus' conflict with Alex. Now we have left Alex behind, so I will make a second attempt!

Would you interview him yourself? If not, who would you recommend as interviewer? Alternatively: who would nominate themselves for the role? (Please count me out -  a written interview I could manage, but "face-to-face" is not my style). From my perspective, it would be really great for a number of people to nominate themselves / each other as interviewers, so we have a diversity of interviewer styles. I am really hoping that this forum can be what Skeptiko could have been: community-focussed and community-driven - and that applies to any potential interviewers too.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-15, 07:20 AM by Laird. Edit Reason: Fixed a typo. )
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Ninshub, Doug
I'm definitely up for working with someone on a podcast. I don't want to be the voice of it which is why I haven't done it already but I have PR and web dev skills to bring to the table if anyone wants to give it a go.
[-] The following 5 users Like Tarquin Rees's post:
  • Silence, Ninshub, Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird, Doug

• View a Printable Version