Buddha At The Gas Pump Mega Thread!!!

47 Replies, 6558 Views

It's been a couple years since I listened to Buddha at the Gas Pump. 

I've always been curious about Rick's show. He's at 414 interviews as of today. And many of his interviewees are people experiencing "altered" or "refined" states of consciousness.

I'm wondering how many people here at psi-quest have listened to a substantial number of Rick's interviews.

I'm also curious, for those who have listened--What do you make of these folks? Are they actually tapping into alternate realities? Or are they mostly experiencing some state of mind that is rare, but not necessarily indicative of other "spiritual" dimensions? 

Many of Rick's guests ultimately come to the conclusion that there is "nothing to do"--that the limitless experience of pure awareness is always available, always present. Do you think that these folks are "developed" to the point of receptivity, either through other lives or work in this one, or is there some switch that everyone is capable of turning off or on? One need only find the switch. It seems reminiscent of those "Magic Eye" books, where one has to tune your vision in some way to see the secret picture, but once you see the picture once, you can't un-see it. But until one tunes ones eyes, the picture is just all noise.

I'm circling back and hope to start listening regularly to Rick's shows. I'm listening to 414 right now. Really interesting interview.
[-] The following 3 users Like chuck's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Laird, Ninshub
Interview 414. Interesting point around 1:05:00 she talks about her doing some psychopomp type work.

The interview also includes precognitive dream experiences.

Enlightenment score: 801 of 1000.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-11, 06:42 PM by chuck.)
I bet I've seen/listened to 100 episodes.

Just listened to James Wood this morning.

Most are the same story lately so becoming less and less interested in hearing it again.

I check in every now and then to find something new.
(2017-09-11, 01:33 PM)jkmac Wrote: I bet I've seen/listened to 100 episodes.

Just listened to James Wood this morning.

Most are the same story lately so becoming less and less interested in hearing it again.

I check in every now and then to find something new.

What's your impression over-all JK?

Also would you remember any of your favorite episodes to recommend for those newer to batgap?

Also, I understand that most are the "same story" but isn't that story rather remarkable in a way? Or no?
(2017-09-11, 01:42 PM)chuck Wrote: What's your impression over-all JK?

Also would you remember any of your favorite episodes to recommend for those newer to batgap?

Also, I understand that most are the "same story" but isn't that story rather remarkable in a way? Or no?
I find Rick a knowledgeable and likable guy. HE does a pretty good job interviewing. Much less confrontational than Alex.

I enjoyed most of the interviews but it really depends on what you are looking for. 

Rick seeks out mostly spiritual teachers and talks to them about their spiritual biography. Much of the dialog is very new age-ie, about dualism vs not, about the meaning of enlightenment, and about the high and low point of their spiritual path, etc. A quote from this morning- "first you see there is a mountain, then you discover there is no mountain, and finally you see it again". That sort of thing.

So if you are in the process of a spiritual shift and want to hear about the tiny nuances of various practices, you'll love it. There are hundreds of hours of that sort of thing. I like a bit more of the technical aspects of non-physicality and how it works. 

The interview with Jurgen Ziewe was right up my alley. But this sort of "technical" coverage is the exception and not the rule.

If you re looking for a spiritual teacher/master, you can quite likely find one in one of these interviews.
As I said this is the first interview I've listened to in a couple of years. (#414) This woman is fairly fascinating. Several evidential dreams, etc. Also she has some fairly refined views on the nature of reality.

My main issue with batgap and the folks interviewed is that almost without exception the folks interviewed are a part of this spiritual workshop industry. Many have retreats and workshops that are quite expensive. As you say, you could find a guru here, but it is going to cost you. I understand that people need to make money. I know in the past I e-mailed a couple of folks from batgap about some issues and never received a response.
Had to give up on 413. Gloriji. Sorry Gloriji.

Enlightenment score: 230 of 1000.
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-11, 06:42 PM by chuck.)
(2017-09-11, 01:53 PM)jkmac Wrote:  I like a bit more of the technical aspects of non-physicality and how it works. 

So you're not a big fan of "there is nothing to do." 

Do you believe in the idea of full awakening?

Do you consider yourself to be fully awakened?
(2017-09-11, 04:07 PM)chuck Wrote: So you're not a big fan of "there is nothing to do." 

Do you believe in the idea of full awakening?

Do you consider yourself to be fully awakened?

Fully awakened? Hahahaha. No, I would say not.

Yes I believe in the idea of it. I think that there is a veil between each of us and the true nature of all that is. And the more we learn and develop, the closer we get to the time when the veil is no more. Because the veil is of our own making, and it is due to our misunderstanding of our nature, and the nature of this reality that we are part of. As our comprehension grows, the veil grows thinner and thinner until is is no more.

I am coming to believe that trying to rush this process is akin to picking a scab before it heals. You can go ahead and do it, but it will just bleed and scab over again. it will heal when it heals, and there is little you can do to force the issue. Some would say that you should just ignore all this woo woo stuff and things will progress in their own time: ie- do nothing.. I agree in a way for some people. But if you feel compelled to learn more and move yourself along some path, then the time is right to do so, FOR YOU. And that's pretty much where I'm at.
[-] The following 2 users Like jkmac's post:
  • chuck, Typoz
(2017-09-11, 05:15 PM)jkmac Wrote: Some would say that you should just ignore all this woo woo stuff and things will progress in their own time: ie- do nothing.. I agree in a way for some people. But if you feel compelled to learn more and move yourself along some path, then the time is right to do so, FOR YOU. And that's pretty much where I'm at.

Regarding it being "the right time" for any individual, I think you're right. At a certain point getting to the bottom of things can become more of a priority.

In this life one of my main tasks was always going to be uncovering details of reincarnation. It wasn't something which came as a fleeting memory as a two-year old, but rather it came insistently prodding at me in early adulthood, and piecing together the pieces, not just of reincarnation, but the larger picture has been a major preoccupation ever since. Of course there is ordinary life too, work and play and relationships with other people, those things exist too.

In that sense I don't find it possible to see any single life as being "who I really am". The larger picture is where I find my sense of identity.

• View a Printable Version