Anyone else going to be dealing with this bloody hurricane?

28 Replies, 3455 Views

All I can say is be safe and pray be spared.

I swore florida would be the last place on earth I'd want to move to

But, move down here they said. Be near your brother and sister and the kids and your grand nieces and nephews she said. (mom's dying wish)

First its someone broadsiding my moving truck 20 miles from my new home and trashing my shit, now 4 months later
this shit. It'l Like I got a frikken bullseye on me... and I'm in part of the state that historically is spared hurricanes.

Angry Angry Angry
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-08, 02:46 AM by iPsoFacTo.)
[-] The following 3 users Like iPsoFacTo's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, malf, Ninshub
(2017-09-08, 02:34 AM)iPsoFacTo Wrote: All I can say is be safe and pray be spared.

I swore florida would be the last place on earth I'd want to move to

But, move down here they said. Be near your brother and sister and the kids and your grand nieces and nephews she said. (mom's dying wish)

First its someone broadsiding my moving truck 20 miles from my new home and trashing my shit, now 4 months later
this shit. It'l Like I got a frikken bullseye on me... and I'm in part of the state that historically is spared hurricanes.

Angry Angry Angry

Are you leaving or staying?
(2017-09-08, 03:37 AM)Ninshub Wrote: Are you leaving or staying?

so far staying. so's my family and they've been through this rodeo. however none live down right in the southern tip.

i'm hoping for a cat1 or weaker cat 2 by the time it gets up here if it does go over all land.

keeping my eyes on mikes spaghetti models. won't be certain about anything till it supposed to turn early saturday morning. already noticed a further jog west on the models since the 11pm update
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-08, 03:57 AM by iPsoFacTo.)
[-] The following 2 users Like iPsoFacTo's post:
  • malf, Ninshub
A fair-few others have already been blasted by this monster hurricane, folk living on islands that are barely above sea level and always in the firing line of developing storms.  You could always load up your truck again and drive away; those on the islands can't.  If I had a choice I'd head for the south west because even monsoon, haboobs and high summer temperatures are still much less troublesome than hurricanes.  Much of the year it's a lovely climate to live in - go west!   Big Grin

Personally I hope your neck of the woods doesn't get clobbered too badly but if that's the case then it means others likely will.   Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes leadville's post:
  • iPsoFacTo
Stay safe.

It's almost like we need a global warming thread.  Tongue
(This post was last modified: 2017-09-08, 09:53 AM by malf.)
[-] The following 3 users Like malf's post:
  • Brian, iPsoFacTo, Laird
(2017-09-08, 09:47 AM)leadville Wrote: A fair-few others have already been blasted by this monster hurricane, folk living on islands that are barely above sea level and always in the firing line of developing storms.  You could always load up your truck again and drive away; those on the islands can't.  If I had a choice I'd head for the south west because even monsoon, haboobs and high summer temperatures are still much less troublesome than hurricanes.  Much of the year it's a lovely climate to live in - go west!   Big Grin

Personally I hope your neck of the woods doesn't get clobbered too badly but if that's the case then it means others likely will.   Sad

Lol, yeah.... I have a married couple who are good friends out in Sante Fe and was toying with moving into their casita they have while looking for some kinda home out there However, by the time frame of me having to move they had rented it out
(2017-09-08, 09:52 AM)malf Wrote: Stay safe.

It's almost like we need a global warming thread.  Tongue

Yep, lol.  They've been posting pictures comparing the size of hurricane Andrew with Irma and Irma is more than twice the size!! Cry
However, who knows if this was some internet photoshopped thing getting passed around as true. But considering
the tire circumstances probably not. The thing reminds me of the huge storm in that movie 'day after tomorrow' iirc!

Latest 5am models has it going right up the middle of the state, but anything can still happen. I can;t bear myself to
think about what's gonna happen down in the southern third of the state. Only saving grace for us up on the north end is that the winds should theoretically drop to a cat1.
[-] The following 2 users Like iPsoFacTo's post:
  • Ninshub, malf
The size and threat of this hurricane - these hurricanes - is near-unprecedented.  Sad

Even here in the UK their progress is being mapped by our BBC weather staff and covered as lead report in great detail in every news bulletin.  This is turning out to be one of the worst hurricane seasons and still some time to go before the customary end of the hurricane season; at least one more large storm is about to follow Irma's tracks, another perhaps tracking away, staying over the ocean.

Things look really, really bad.  Our thoughts are with all the guys in the line of fire of these monsters.  We can only hope these are flyers and not the start of long-lasting, major-impact, global climate changes.   Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like leadville's post:
  • Brian, Ninshub
Live CNN feed on youtube for those without TV (like me).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Doug
Stay safe!
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

[-] The following 3 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • Brian, iPsoFacTo, Ninshub

• View a Printable Version