Alex has temporarily reactivated deleted forums

34 Replies, 7584 Views

disappear the plan... cutting a
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
(This post was last modified: 2020-07-06, 09:39 PM by Max_B.)
Laird has a plan and has been conversing with Alex so I guess we'll know in good time. From what I understand (and I might be mistaken) Alex is not too motivated to provide a database export so other solutions might be required. As I say, people are aware.
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson
Please do let us know whether there is anything we can do to help to preserve the material.
Ah, now I understand what 'CD' meant: Critical Discussion.
This post has been deleted.
(2017-08-15, 11:27 PM)Max_B Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 11:11 PM)Kamarling Wrote: Laird has a plan and has been conversing with Alex so I guess we'll know in good time. From what I understand (and I might be mistaken) Alex is not too motivated to provide a database export so other solutions might be required. As I say, people are aware.

Thanks for the info, but this is about my posts, not the forum. I just don't want to duplicate my effort for no reason, if they are *sure they can get em*, if there is even the smallest risk they can't get/restore them, then I want to save em for myself.

Max, you can, if you are concerned, right now use my forum-scraping app, FUPS, to pull your posts and only your posts from the Skeptiko Forums (unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to limit the scraping to just CD and Other Stuff). I am in the process of extending this app to pull all posts in a (sub)forum out of a XenForo forum - FUPS already supports this for phpBB - and I am well into this (not particularly difficult) process.

Please let me know if you have any problems using FUPS.
(2017-08-16, 12:22 AM)Max_B Wrote: What are you entering for the 'Thread URL prefix' field?

That needs to be left at its default for Skeptiko.
(2017-08-16, 12:31 AM)Max_B Wrote:
(2017-08-16, 12:25 AM)Laird Wrote: That needs to be left at its default for Skeptiko.

I'm getting an error... wonder if that's because I don't exist... Max_b is no longer searchable, as I'm banned.

Argh, I'm sorry, Max - the problem is that member pages aren't visible on Skeptiko unless one is logged in. Right now I don't have a workaround for this - FUPS supports logging in for phpBB, and for phpBB it also supports specifying one's username so that FUPS doesn't have to try to look it up, but FUPS doesn't currently support either of these options for XenForo. The easiest one to implement would be to add a setting to the XenForo options to allow the stipulation of the poster's username, but unfortunately I'm in the middle of a bunch of other changes, so can't get onto it until later. Will let you know as soon as I've implemented this setting for you. Again, I'm sorry.
(This post was last modified: 2017-11-24, 11:07 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Max_B

• View a Printable Version