Alerts

7 Replies, 1918 Views

I am only getting these when someone likes a comment... Is there some way to activate the feature so that it also works when someone responds to a thread in which I'm active? I know that Skeptiko automatically 'followed' a thread as soon as one posted, but that does not appear to be the case here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes E. Flowers's post:
  • Ninshub
This confuses me too, E. Flowers. When I installed the plugin, I assumed it would do as you suggest: alert us to thread responses, but, as you say, it seems to alert only of likes. You can at least elect to receive email alerts when you post to a thread, and you can set this to be default in your user control panel - that's how I've been handling alerts. Perhaps Typoz can intervene here, as he seems to have become quite the MyBB guru.
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Ninshub, E. Flowers
Yeah... I have been using the "New Posts" tab and it will work for now, but when the forum becomes busier it's going to be impractical.
Just a possibility, which won't solve the problem, but maybe you'd prefer it anyway: perhaps try the "View unread posts" link - this will hide posts/threads that you've already viewed, which the "View new posts" link won't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • E. Flowers
I will try it, until a better solution comes around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes E. Flowers's post:
  • Laird
(2017-08-19, 06:19 AM)Laird Wrote: This confuses me too, E. Flowers. When I installed the plugin, I assumed it would do as you suggest: alert us to thread responses, but, as you say, it seems to alert only of likes. You can at least elect to receive email alerts when you post to a thread, and you can set this to be default in your user control panel - that's how I've been handling alerts. Perhaps Typoz can intervene here, as he seems to have become quite the MyBB guru.
Laird, what plugin did you install exactly?

Here's a thread by a MyBB staff member where someone offers a plugin that is supposed to do the following:
Quote:The currently supported events are:
  • When you're quoted in a post
  • When somebody replies to a thread you started
  • When somebody adds you to their buddy list
  • When somebody PMs you
  • When somebody replies to a thread you are subscribed to
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html
(2017-08-19, 08:34 PM)Ninshub Wrote: Laird, what plugin did you install exactly?

Here's a thread by a MyBB staff member where someone offers a plugin that is supposed to do the following:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html

I installed that one, yes, although I downloaded the latest in-development version from GitHub, because that was the only way I could get the integration with the Likes plugin to work (I also had to download the current Likes plugin from GitHub). Perhaps the GitHub version is buggy.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-20, 04:36 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Ninshub
At the moment, I only get alerts for Likes, none for replies. Nor do I have the option in the User CP to add replies (or anything else other than toggle Likes).
I do not make any clear distinction between mind and God. God is what mind becomes when it has passed beyond the scale of our comprehension.
Freeman Dyson

• View a Printable Version