Alert: seeking objections to consensus in the thread on allowing political/CT content

3 Replies, 1096 Views
Thread Closed 

Edit: rather than taking this approach, instead a poll has been set up to determine whether a majority of members even want any conspiracy theory / political content in the first place: POLL: should conspiracy theory / poltiical discussion be allowed on this forum?. Please cast your vote. Voting is anonymous.

Just letting those not following the thread, The question of political / conspiracy theory content, know that a compromise has been proposed in that thread, and that any objections to it should be raised within five days.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-23, 02:22 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Doug, malf
I assume CT is inclusive with debunking CTs, so I can post Skeptic's Guide to Pizza Gate or Rational Wiki pages on varied conspiracy theories and no one can cry foul?

And anyone who resorts to the "You just can't handle the Truth" defense that CT peddlers love will be temp banned?
'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2017-08-22, 06:00 AM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)
Hey Sci, not to be rude, but could you please repost that to the main thread (if you care to) and I'll lock this one? Just so that we don't have two separate conversations going.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-22, 06:05 AM by Laird.)
This post has been deleted.
Thread Closed 

• View a Printable Version