After a half-century of attempts, psilocybin has finally been synthesized in the lab

2 Replies, 917 Views

After a half-century of attempts, psilocybin has finally been synthesized in the lab
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-h...n-lab.html
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-17, 06:17 AM by Jim_Smith. Edit Reason: Fresh air is free. )
[-] The following 3 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • Brian, Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/08/a...d-patients

Quote:One of the main targets in the war on drugs could well become a drug to treat the scars of war. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has designated 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), better known as the illegal drug ecstasy, a "breakthrough therapy" for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a status that may lead to faster approval.
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-27, 04:11 PM by Jim_Smith.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub
IIRC MDMA was shown to have potential treatment value but was Scheduled as whatever corresponds to "worthless & dangerous".

I do think we need more straight-edge advocates who are convinced by the data. For example met a guy who worked for NORML who stopped using weed recreationaly specifically b/c he felt it made him a stronger advocate.

Beyond that, the problem is the dealers cutting this stuff with trash b/c as noted by volunteer testers the cops don't mind them but dealers threaten violence:

'Historically, we may regard materialism as a system of dogma set up to combat orthodox dogma...Accordingly we find that, as ancient orthodoxies disintegrate, materialism more and more gives way to scepticism.'

- Bertrand Russell

(This post was last modified: 2017-08-28, 04:58 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)

• View a Printable Version