A Pam Reynolds Thread

6 Replies, 1853 Views

This is for Tim to post stuff about Pam Reynolds.
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-26, 09:09 PM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 4 users Like chuck's post:
  • Obiwan, Doppelgänger, Oleo, E. Flowers
Long overdue. Tim not only knows a lot about this particular case, but he is quite proactive contacting medical staff, experiencers, etc. and knows details of the cases that I'm sure even a few authors don't.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 3 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • Obiwan, Ninshub, Typoz
Fill 'er up, Tim! I do find the case interesting as well.
(2017-08-24, 11:30 PM)chuck Wrote: Fill 'er up, Tim! I do find the case interesting as well.

I find it interesting too, but... LOL on creating this thread.
This post has been deleted.
(2017-08-31, 02:58 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: The threads that were at Skeptiko and saved, is there a way to make them accessible here in this platform?

I've been holding off on this as the forums+threads slated for deletion have not yet been deleted, and so are still available at their original location. I am hoping that somebody has managed to convince Alex to leave them up, or that he's decided to do that on his own, and that potentially he will not make any announcement, just... well, leave them up.

If not, then:
  • Yes, I can convert my Skeptiko archives in JSON format to static HTML and make that browseable - it would be static though, so nobody could respond to the old threads. If folks wanted to integrate them into this forum itself, so that threads could be responded to... well, we'd have to think about that, it wouldn't be so straightforward.
  • Pollux has used an alternative scraping tool to scrape a lot of the slated-for-deletion Skeptiko forums as HTML+CSS+Javascript, so they look exactly as they looked on Skeptiko. The main problem with this is, as implied in the previous sentence, much is missing from this scrape, which is why we haven't as yet linked to it.
I hope that (probably overly verbosely!) answers your question!
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-31, 03:11 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • E. Flowers
(2017-08-31, 03:09 AM)Laird Wrote: I've been holding off on this as the forums+threads slated for deletion have not yet been deleted, and so are still available at their original location. I am hoping that somebody has managed to convince Alex to leave them up, or that he's decided to do that on his own, and that potentially he will not make any announcement, just... well, leave them up.

If not, then:
  • Yes, I can convert my Skeptiko archives in JSON format to static HTML and make that browseable - it would be static though, so nobody could respond to the old threads. If folks wanted to integrate them into this forum itself, so that threads could be responded to... well, we'd have to think about that, it wouldn't be so straightforward.
  • Pollux has used an alternative scraping tool to scrape a lot of the slated-for-deletion Skeptiko forums as HTML+CSS+Javascript, so they look exactly as they looked on Skeptiko. The main problem with this is, as implied in the previous sentence, much is missing from this scrape, which is why we haven't as yet linked to it.
I hope that (probably overly verbosely!) answers your question!

I understand... It's just that I'm not looking forward to explaining that the M.D.s that were actually involved in the procedure debunked the speculations of Mr. GW years ago. It's going to be tedious...
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 4 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • tim, Max_B, Laird, Kamarling

• View a Printable Version