Psience Quest Interview No. 4: Rudolf Smit and Titus Rivas

69 Replies, 20201 Views

Welcome back, Smithy! Glad to have you here and thank you for the update.

I am curious: you write that your survival was miraculous: do you mean that in a paranormal sense or in the conventional-metaphorical-vernacular sense?
(This post was last modified: 2019-07-28, 09:46 PM by Laird.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Laird's post:
  • Typoz, Enrique Vargas
Glad to hear you’re feeling better.
[-] The following 2 users Like Obiwan's post:
  • Typoz, Enrique Vargas
Smithy, thanks for updating us. As I started to read, I was not sure what to expect - what sort of news would be here? But by the time I'd got part way through, I was already smiling, glad to hear this uplifting news. Best wishes, whatever you do next.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Obiwan, Enrique Vargas
(2019-07-28, 09:44 PM)Laird Wrote: Welcome back, Smithy! Glad to have you here and thank you for the update.

I am curious: you write that your survival was miraculous: do you mean that in a paranormal sense or in the conventional-metaphorical-vernacular sense?

A medical miracle. Cardiologist Pim van Lommel looked into my medical files, and wrote to me that my left coronary artery was in such a bad situation-- i.e. fully blocked -- that in most cases it would have been fatal. That I survived was thanks to the very quick response of the emergency service which took me to hospital, where I was treated by a highly experienced expert staff. In any case, a medical miracle. Apparently it was not my time...

Smithy
[-] The following 2 users Like Smithy's post:
  • Typoz, Enrique Vargas
(2019-07-28, 04:07 PM)Enrique Vargas Wrote: Dear, dear Rudolf, THANK GOD for the great news!!! I've been thinking about you very often, particularly these days, strangely enough. Many a time I had a temptation to write to Titus, asking about you, then I would hold back, not wanting to bother him. Be careful about those anti-depressants, they really kill your brain. I was prescribed antidepressants a few times, but I would never take them. My friend, who runs a big cancer treatment facility told me that she prefers to prescribe to her patients a food supplement called 5-HTP, given that it doesn't have any secondary effects, unlike antidepressants. I decided to try it, and it as amazing. Took my depression right out, with no ups and downs, no secondary effects, no numbness, etc. Nothing at all. Apparently, it stimulates serotonin producing areas of the brain. I swear by it now. 
In any case, you dear, dear man, please, take good care of yourself, you are loved by many people on this forum and beyond!! We miss your great posts!!!
Un abrazo desde Madrid!!

Hi Enrique,

No, it had nothing to do with anti-depressants. Over the past year I had to swallow so-called beta-blockers, i.e. medicines whose main function is to keep the heart in check, particularly after a heart attack: preventing excessive heart rates, bringing down high blood pressure and all that.
The problem is that they often are a necessaty evil, due to their many side-effects. I name a few: terribly fatiqued, to such an extent that I could only walk slowly using a stick (my third leg, as I called it), very low energy, nightmares, usually drosy during the day, concentration troubles, and so on.

BTW Enrique. Yesterday I received notice that the Spanish version of The Self Does Not Die has come out.
It is called "El Yo No Muere". Thumbs Up

Cheers to all,

Smithy
  • Ninshub, Enrique Vargas
(2019-07-29, 11:54 AM)Smithy Wrote: Hi Enrique,

No, it had nothing to do with anti-depressants. Over the past year I had to swallow so-called beta-blockers, i.e. medicines whose main function is to keep the heart in check, particularly after a heart attack: preventing excessive heart rates, bringing down high blood pressure and all that.
The problem is that they often are a necessaty evil, due to their many side-effects. I name a few: terribly fatiqued, to such an extent that I could only walk slowly using a stick (my third leg, as I called it), very low energy, nightmares, usually drosy during the day, concentration troubles, and so on.

BTW Enrique. Yesterday I received notice that the Spanish version of The Self Does Not Die has come out.
It is called "El Yo No Muere". Thumbs Up

Cheers to all,

Smithy
Congrats on the Spanish version, I sure will be recommending it. Smile
(2019-07-28, 06:10 PM)Valmar Wrote: Glad to hear you're better. Smile

What drugs were they, may we ask? Just so we know to avoid them in future. Tongue

See my response to Enrique.

The main culprits were the so-called beta blockers, three of which I was administered to over the past year:

Metropolol, Bisoprolol and another one the name of which I cannot recall right now.

Please note that one cannot always avoid them. In actual fact, they are a boon for heart patients who often cannot be without them. But just as often they have nasty side effects. I, in particular, could not stand those side effects.

Smithy
  • Enrique Vargas, Valmar
(2019-07-29, 12:04 PM)Smithy Wrote: See my response to Enrique.

The main culprits were the so-called beta blockers, three of which I was administered to over the past year:

Metropolol, Bisoprolol and another one the name of which I cannot recall right now.

Please note that one cannot always avoid them. In actual fact, they are a boon for heart patients who often cannot be without them. But just as often they have nasty side effects. I, in particular, could not stand those side effects.

Smithy

I took metoprolol once as part of an experiment. I nearly lost consciousness.
[-] The following 3 users Like Guest's post:
  • Ninshub, Obiwan, Typoz
(2019-07-29, 12:09 PM)Chris Wrote: I took metoprolol once as part of an experiment. I nearly lost consciousness.

Then I think you took an overdosis...

It is a matter of just a few milligrams.
For example I swallowed twice a day only 2 milligrams of bisoprolol...

Smithy
(2019-07-29, 12:23 PM)Smithy Wrote: Then I think you took an overdosis...

It is a matter of just a few milligrams.
For example I swallowed twice a day only 2 milligrams of bisoprolol...

Smithy

I think it was described as double - or possible treble - metoprolol (it's about 30 years ago now).

• View a Printable Version