Welcome to Psience Quest!

37 Replies, 10994 Views

Hi everyone!! It's me!! Just as it was all going so well!
[-] The following 6 users Like Tarquin Rees's post:
  • Brian, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz, Ninshub, Kamarling, Laird
Are there any limits on subjects allowed in the Other Stuff forum? Someone told me political discussions are outside the scope of Psience Quest, does that apply to Other Stuff?
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(2017-08-14, 04:54 AM)Jim_Smith Wrote: Are there any limits on subjects allowed in the Other Stuff forum? Someone told me political discussions are outside the scope of Psience Quest, does that apply to Other Stuff?

Thanks for asking the question Jim. The admins need to gather their thoughts about this, so give us a little time and we'll come back to you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ninshub's post:
  • Jim_Smith
Hi!

Can someone tell me how the quote button works - it seems to toggle between 3 states, but doesn't do anything!

David
Hello. I've also migrated here from liberaparolado. It was a tough choice between Psience Quest and Mu's new forum, but the coin came up heads.
[-] The following 2 users Like Guest's post:
  • Laird, Ninshub
(2017-08-14, 11:53 AM)Chris Wrote: Hello. I've also migrated here from liberaparolado. It was a tough choice between Psience Quest and Mu's new forum, but the coin came up heads.

Liberaparolado is Chuck's new forum.

Actually I hope the two - or three - forums will prove to be complementary, each being valuable in its own way.
[-] The following 2 users Like Typoz's post:
  • Red, Ninshub
Hi everyone!
I am liking the look of the new board! Smile

Keep up the good work
[-] The following 5 users Like Bucky's post:
  • malf, Ninshub, Laird, Doug, Sciborg_S_Patel
On politics I feel like that would be Liberaparolado's domain?

Having two forums with the same purview seems unnecessary, along with the fact that a lot of people want a parapsychology/philosophy focused space?

I'm happy to contribute something to maintain both spaces as I think it will serve the community well to have both? 

I've thoughts on a variety of things like Transhumanism, New Atheism's political effects, etc. that wouldn't fit anywhere but Other Stuff...and it's weird to have all our political threads in the same space as our fave cat videos.  Smile
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-14, 06:02 PM by Sciborg_S_Patel.)
[-] The following 4 users Like Sciborg_S_Patel's post:
  • malf, Ninshub, Laird, Typoz
(2017-08-14, 06:00 PM)Sciborg_S_Patel Wrote: ..and it's weird to have all our political threads in the same space as our fave cat videos.  Smile
LOL Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Typoz's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
(2017-08-14, 09:45 AM)DaveB Wrote: Hi!

Can someone tell me how the quote button works - it seems to toggle between 3 states, but doesn't do anything!

David
I'm not sure - but if you click "reply" it seems to quote the post being replied to.

• View a Printable Version