Planning posts split from Psience Quest Interview No. 1: Titus Rivas

10 Replies, 1697 Views

Titus Rivas has agreed to the written interview.

It will take a form of a repeated e-mail exchange - first we formulate a set of questions, which I will send to Titus to answer. Then he provides the answers and they are published, we can formulate the reply and let Titus respond.

If such format is acceptable, I encourage Psience Quest members to formulate their questions. And if the members will face difficulties formulating what to ask, I can easily formulate the full set of questions myself - I know Titus and his work quite well, and can provide a list of relevant and intersting questions (if other members will agree to my initative).

In fact, I would really like to do it myself, if others won't protest. It will provide the interview with a proper structure, giving my knowledge of Titus' multi-aspect work and interests. And after Titus will provide his answers, it will be a time for everyone to reply - with Titus later responding to the replies.

It is for you to decide!

[Update: the interview is ready, it's here - http://psiencequest.net/forums/thread-10...ml#pid1147]
(This post was last modified: 2019-01-03, 08:19 PM by Ninshub.)
[-] The following 7 users Like Vortex's post:
  • tim, Reece, E. Flowers, Ninshub, Sciborg_S_Patel, Typoz, Silence
What is known about brain function during cpr? Is it possible that brain activity during cpr could support an NDE?

What are the best documented veridical NDEs

Is it true that anecdotes are not data?

What are the latest NDE research results and what has been concluded from them?
The first gulp from the glass of science will make you an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you - Werner Heisenberg. (More at my Blog & Website)
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-17, 03:41 PM by Jim_Smith. Edit Reason: Unicorns are not lobsters. )
[-] The following 2 users Like Jim_Smith's post:
  • Vortex, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2017-08-17, 03:16 PM)Vortex Wrote: In fact, I would really like to do it myself, if others won't protest. It will provide the interview with a proper structure, giving my knowledge of Titus' multi-aspect work and interests. And after Titus will provide his answers, it will be a time for everyone to reply - with Titus later responding to the replies.

It is for you to decide!

I'm happy with your proposal, Vortex, especially since you took the initiative. You could be the "gatekeeper" through whom others run their questions, and you could decide which, if any, of others' questions to include, potentially with modifications. Let's see what others think though.
[-] The following 5 users Like Laird's post:
  • Reece, Vortex, Ninshub, Oleo, Sciborg_S_Patel
(2017-08-17, 08:33 PM)Laird Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 03:16 PM)Vortex Wrote: In fact, I would really like to do it myself, if others won't protest. It will provide the interview with a proper structure, giving my knowledge of Titus' multi-aspect work and interests. And after Titus will provide his answers, it will be a time for everyone to reply - with Titus later responding to the replies.

It is for you to decide!

I'm happy with your proposal, Vortex, especially since you took the initiative. You could be the "gatekeeper" through whom others run their questions, and you could decide which, if any, of others' questions to include, potentially with modifications. Let's see what others think though.

Thanks, Laird. I'll complete a question list around next Monday (August 21st) and send it to Titus.

For the upcoming weekend, I'm offline... So, if you have some ideas about what to ask, there is two more days to post them here!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vortex's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel
(2017-08-18, 07:34 PM)Vortex Wrote: Thanks, Laird. I'll complete a question list around next Monday (August 21st) and send it to Titus.

For the upcoming weekend, I'm offline... So, if you have some ideas about what to ask, there is two more days to post them here!

I see that Titus is a vegan - I would very much like for this aspect of his person to be part of the interview. Hopefully, you have a question or two planned around animal rights/liberation. If not, I'll try to research more about his veganism to come up with a relevant question.
(2017-08-19, 02:37 AM)Laird Wrote: I see that Titus is a vegan - I would very much like for this aspect of his person to be part of the interview. Hopefully, you have a question or two planned around animal rights/liberation. If not, I'll try to research more about his veganism to come up with a relevant question.

In fact, I was thinking about making an interview dedicated to Titus' postions on animal consciousness, animal intelligence, animal psi, animal sociality and animal status witin human society and culture.

This interview, in my opinion, will be both original and relevant - understanding animal mind, including its anomalous manifestations, is a inevitable part of understanding mind and mind-related anomalies in general.

So, if no one is against it, this would be the interview topic - with the list of questions being fully ready to send on Monday, as I have said already.
[-] The following 3 users Like Vortex's post:
  • E. Flowers, Laird, Ninshub
That sounds terrific, Vortex.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ninshub's post:
  • E. Flowers, Laird
May as well touch on precognition, since it seems like a lot of stories involving animals touch on it.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before..."
[-] The following 2 users Like E. Flowers's post:
  • Sciborg_S_Patel, Ninshub
Very pleased with your choice of focus, Vortex!

Something we might want to consider before the interview: how/where will we publish it? In a forum thread? In a static HTML page in a subdirectory of the website's root? Or should we install blogging/CMS software (WordPress?) and publish via that? Any other suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-21, 10:49 AM by Laird.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Laird's post:
  • Typoz
(2017-08-21, 11:48 AM)Doug Wrote: I have some questions. I hope I'm not too late in posting them.

Sorry, Doug, but you're indeed too late - I have just sent the text of the interview, with gaps left for replies, to Titus. And it is dedicated to animal mind, animal psi and animal rights, not to humans' (veridical) NDEs. Sad
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-21, 02:57 PM by Vortex.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vortex's post:
  • Doug

• View a Printable Version