Psience Quest

Full Version: Loch Ness monster in Albania??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loch Ness monster in Albania??

Quote:Footage captured the moment what appears to be a huge sea creature in the Great Prespa Lake – a massive body of water shared by Albania, Greece and Macedonia.

The film was taken just a week ago, so if it isn't video tampering I don't think here is someone diving there with some monster-props in freezing winter water.  One can see that it makes disturbance in the water as it moves, and ultimately submerge, and it also tilts its "head" as you can see in the enlarged slo-mo.

This was filmed by a second person, standing to the left of the point that the first filmer ran to, on the beach.

So; if we don't assume it is video tampering, and if we don't assume it is a Loch Ness either, what could it be?

If we hypothesize it is a big submerged log with a branch on it, that sticks out of the water, there is a few extraordinary things that happens there. First; it is an very oddly shaped branch with this hump/knob/lump at the end of it. And it must be some really large log, having a branch that thick. But it might be the roots from a big submerged tree. That would fit better with the lump at its end. Secondly; it must have been some real coincidence that this log, and branch/root, "decided" to be saturated enough, at that particular moment, and make a rather quick "dive". It's not impossible, but is it probable? But thirdly; it does seem to tilt its "head" (the lump) and also turn "its neck" (the branch). It could be that the log under water rotated a bit sideways under the water, and that it at the end, before the lump goes down it tilted a bit on its backward-forward axis. But; I don't know.

Could it be some kind of mini-submarine? This is a lake ( a large one though), and it is shared with no more than 3 different countries (Albania, Greece, and Macedonia). Could it be that any of these countries have some sort of underwater naval activity there, in this lake? But if it is some sort of mini-sub it has a very crooked periscope I say. The lake is quite deep though - 55m (178ft).

Could it be part of something manmade, that broke away from its mooring, and "decided" to sink just there and then, and that we saw the last part, and highest point of it, sink? If it was a sailboat, it it's not likely that what we see is the mast. Could it be the exhaust pipe/chimney? It must have been some odd chimney though. Anyway, it's not that likely that a boat, with a chimney like that, sank so close to the beach.

Or could it be some part of a floating dock that broke away from its mooring. Some of those are often fixated to the bottom with large pipes that you hammer down. Could it be that this floating dock flipped over, and this was one of the poles, that had been down in the silt, now had a large chunk of mud on its end? It still would have been crooked though.

BBC reported on a photo taken on the Prespa Lake in 2012.
This looks like the tail end of a large fish though. But it must be a pretty large one.

[Image: 5171j06.jpg]

[Image: 487U8cH.jpg]

There are some pretty large, freaky looking fish out there. Here are some of the bigger, weird ones caught.

(2018-01-02, 04:18 AM)Pollux Wrote: [ -> ]Loch Ness monster in Albania??

I hate to be a downer, Pollux, but, honestly, my immediate reaction is: "Those videos are fake as". It looks exactly to me as though somebody carved out of wood (or some material) a supposed Nessie head+neck and slowly pulled it below the water whilst a pair of accomplices filmed it.
I have the same initial reaction as Laird. It's a shame we can't see a better angle as if it was a diver on an open circuit system, basically meaning exhale=bubbles on the surface, then we'd get a better idea of that possibility. Though I don't see any on the surface. If they were on a closed circuit system, such as a rebreather, then you would have little to none on the surface as the gas you breathe is recirculated through filters that absorb the CO2. Diving in winter is cold, but you have dry suits and undergarment to provide warmth and are quite cosy apparently (I've never dove in cold water). If it were divers, then in my opinion, it would be hard to 'prop' up that object consistently from someone underwater IF that object had NEGATIVE buoyancy, and also when it 'goes' down then pulling/attaching weight to the object if it were POSITIVELY/NEUTRALLY buoyant, whilst keeping the movement consistent as it appears in the video, would be hard. Maybe not impossible though. Fwiw  Big Grin

I have to admit that the movement looks quite strange though. Not really how an object of that shape (from my experience) would 'sit' in the water, if we are assuming no human element involved like divers. From my understanding of Hydrodynamics, it seems like the underwater portion would have to be a different shape for it to sit 'ontop' of the water like that, along with the way it 'descends' in the water.
Also another factor to consider for someone to be diving and doing this, is that I'm quite certain that I can see current in the water. Even though this is a lake, the wind can generate currents.  It's moving against the direction of this object. When diving in current, it's really quite challenging to fin against the current, even when it is only say 1 knot. 

However, I could be wrong  Thumbs Up
Like Sasquatch, interdimensional beings, we should be able to see more and more of these kinds of beings (faeries, gnomes, dragons) if they choose to make themselves known to us. And we choose to live in a higher vibrational level by following our highest excitements.

Chris

Looking at the first film, I got the impression that it was just a rigid object, but looking at the second in slow motion around 4s, I don't think that's the case. I agree with Laird that it gives the impression of being a fake, but if so I think it's a fairly sophisticated flexible one.
An aside, why is it that we call this being a monster? Sad  What has it done to us? Nothing but we are beings with archetypal imagery built into us so we have called the dragons and Bigfoots and many of the rest of the large interdimensionals "monsters".

Yet we don't call the dinosaurs monsters and Loch Ness looks very much like a sauropoda. 

[Image: 5252850-giant-dinosaur-camasaurus-with-c....jpg?ver=6]

Chris

Yes, people should be nicer to funny-looking creatures.
Quote:Laird

I hate to be a downer, Pollux, but, honestly, my immediate reaction is: "Those videos are fake as". It looks exactly to me as though somebody carved out of wood (or some material) a supposed Nessie head+neck and slowly pulled it below the water whilst a pair of accomplices filmed it.

Well, as I said initially; "The film was taken just a week ago, so if it isn't video tampering I don't think there is someone diving there with some monster-props in freezing winter water."  it seems unlikely that someone goes scuba-diving in near 0 degree Celsius water. Adding to that are the points that Diverdown mentioned in his post here above, which was what I also thought about. So I entertained the thought what it could be if it wasn't a diver, or video-editing (which I don't see any blatant trace of), and if it wasn't a `Loch Ness Monster in Albania´ (that was what the news media called it BTW).

We cant rule out divers totally, but it must have been quite an undertaking, doing this in the middle of the winter. But whatever it is, it is moving against the wind in the water. It could be some really strong undercurrent directly below the surface moving a floating object against the wind.

The object does some small twisting movements, and if you look from 1:22 to 1:30 it looks like it tilting its "head" backward quite some, the seconds before it totally submerges. This could be though, that whatever it is attached to moved on its axis below. So it doesn't mean it is something living. And it doesn't look alive, whatever it is, when you look at it when it bobs up and down in the water either - it does so very statically. Something alive, you'd expect to see some subtle movements to compensate that bobbing. But we cant rule it out completely, that it is something alive.

But if  this was a stunt done by divers, it could be that the diver in question didn't have to swim against the current. It could actually be that he was walking on the bottom with this object, either holding it in his hands, or if a lighter object of some sort, attached on his head. It would explain the bobbing up and down. But it looks like a quite large an solid object so it wouldn't be an easy task. But as you can see this is quite close to the beach. So it's not unlikely that it is quite shallow water out there, for him being able to walk on the bottom, with this just sticking up. And then, at the end, he just have to kneel down to "submerge", and bend a bit backwards to make the "head" look like it is tilting up. 

But who the f*** would embark on such a project, in the middle of the winter, in freezing water, either holding his breath, or use a rebreather?

Wouldn't it be fun if it actually was a living creature/monster instead? Smile
Quote:[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]But who the f*** would embark on such a project, in the middle of the winter, in freezing water, either holding his breath, or use a rebreather?[/font][/font]

Malf? Steve001?  LOL