Psience Quest

Full Version: The Star Gate Archives Volume 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Star Gate Archives: Reports of the United States Government Sponsored Psi Program, 1972-1995. Volume 1: Remote Viewing, 1972-1984 (to give it its full name)

Is anyone else here going to buy the first volume (of four) about the US government remote viewing work? I will. I'm hoping it'll fill in a few gaps and, with any luck, it'll have more stuff from SRI experiments that wasn't really represented much in the CIA released documents, expect in summaries and final reports.

I had it on pre-order, but then a month or so ago I got an email from Amazon saying they had no release date so my pre-order was being anulled. But I emailed the publishers, and they told me it'd be out in October. Fingers crossed.
Currently, it is scheduled to be out in "Winter 2017", with the US Amazon site giving it a release date of December. Pity.
There is often talk about that $20 million in funding they got. I don't know if it is much money in a case like this. Possibly if vent towards salaries and costs of living for the people involved.

If I'm not mistaking they had one building, and it looked like an old barn, but the door was solid, so that door might have cost a bit.

Remote viewing in itself is not an expansive art. You need a pen and some papers.
(2017-10-11, 08:40 PM)Slorri Wrote: [ -> ]There is often talk about that $20 million in funding they got. I don't know if it is much money in a case like this. Possibly if vent towards salaries and costs of living for the people involved.

If I'm not mistaking they had one building, and it looked like an old barn, but the door was solid, so that door might have cost a bit.

Remote viewing in itself is not an expansive art. You need a pen and some papers.

That's a fair point. But, still, if we can believe what our own intelligence argued back then, the Soviets found ways to spend much more in psi research. I can think of a few things that could have made the RV results far more convincing, involving a few extremes like our deepest-reaching subs and orbit.
The link between the Stargate (RV) programs and MK-Ultra II isn't particularly well established even though they were financially tied to Agency. Although one was not exactly the extension of the other, the Viet Vets who showed exceptional combat 'anticipation' - sensing the enemy without recon, guessing enemy movements - were originally placed into MK Ultra since, at that time, there was no other secretly supported program to house them. Those with promise were forward assigned to Stargate to further the investigation of the connection between psychic combat capabilities and RVing.
It's now out on ebook via Google Books

https://play.google.com/store/books/deta...lBDwAAQBAJ

It's clearly much cheaper this way, although not a hugely convenient way to read it. I've got a copy and have dipped in already. Some interesting stuff in there.
So I've been looking through this book for a few days, and it's a pretty useful resource. It's nice having everything laid out in chronological order and neatly formatted. It's brought things to my attention that I was previously unaware of, too.

When reading this, one has to bear in mind that these are only the reports from the SRI work: summaries of projects, taking in dozens of individual sessions. There are very few transcripts of remote viewing sessions (only those that were in the original reports) and that means that a few episodes that I was hoping for more detail on are missing. I was keen to see more contemporary documents about Pat Price remote viewing Patty Hearst's kidnappers, Keith Harary predicting Richard Queen's imminent release from the Iranian Hostage Crisis and also Gary Langam's prediction about General Dozier being abducted. Maybe this is for one of the future volumes. I read somewhere that one future volume would be about memos. That sounds dull, but I'd be interested to see if they have any more details about Targ's petulant response to the Gale Scientific Committee or Puthoff's struggles with the workload after Targ left the project in 1982.

There is quite a lot of repetition, too. Since the reports are sometimes written for different audiences (project sponsors or peer-reviewed journals) some details, especially a few graphs, pop up several times.

And since they are all reports, this is the SRI work at it's most positive. Illustrations are chosen to demonstrate the effectiveness of remote viewing, without any real context as to how many sessions they were chosen from and what the experimental protocol was.

But it's certainly a useful reference book. Oddly, somethings are censored in this book that aren't censored in the CIA released documents and vice versa.

I'll keep working my way through this. There's a lot to take in.
Hi Ersby,

I seem to remember you as something of a sceptic, so I am interested to know what you make of these documents. It doesn't sound like an easy book to read, so I hope you continue to give summaries of what you find, and possibly also describe how positive/negative you feel about remote viewing after reading this material.

The fact that Puhoff had to struggle with the workload suggests to me that someone was finding RV useful for planning, rather than that this was just an experimental program.

David
(2017-12-26, 10:43 AM)DaveB Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ersby,

I seem to remember you as something of a sceptic, so I am interested to know what you make of these documents. It doesn't sound like an easy book to read, so I hope you continue to give summaries of what you find, and possibly also describe how positive/negative you feel about remote viewing after reading this material.

The fact that Puhoff had to struggle with the workload suggests to me that someone was finding RV useful for planning, rather than that this was just an experimental program.

David

Well, there’s certainly a lot of material but I wouldn’t necessarily say it was a difficult read. Having the reports in chronological order and with better labeling has helped me put a few things together that I wasn’t sure about before.

Of course, these reports only make up one part of the story. From previous experience, I’ve found that the SRI reports may not be the definitive version of events. So while there are such remarkable hits that I’ve not seen before, there are also those that I have seen before and I know more about the circumstances in which those results were attained. 

What, exactly, suggests to you that the SRI team were being used for "planning"? I don't follow.
(2017-12-27, 07:03 AM)ersby Wrote: [ -> ]What, exactly, suggests to you that the SRI team were being used for "planning"? I don't follow.

I can't say exactly, I though it was comonly accepted that some of this information was used by the US military, or that it lead them to corroborate the information and then use that.

[quote]
So while there are such remarkable hits that I’ve not seen before, there are also those that I have seen before and I know more about the circumstances in which those results were attained.
[quote]
So are you implying that those circumstances basically invalidated the potential remote viewing hit in some way?

David
Pages: 1 2 3 4