Psience Quest

Full Version: I'm seeing 3 deleted threads in Skeptic vs Proponent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
written now to a that they don't
Brian? Why?
Max, FWIW, I don't see any deleted threads, and still see the threads Brian started (albeit with the OP deleted). I guess that that's 'cos I'm an admin. Will try to work out how to grant non-admins the same rights.
(2017-09-23, 05:50 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]Same as skeptiko, I feel alone and I feel like I have given too much of myself away.

Dude. You only get when you give. OK, that's not strictly true - some people are amazing and give without getting, but you get my point, right? You are worthy, man. Don't lose faith. Keep on sharing in good faith and others will respond in good faith. Let's expand the circle of giving. Jesus would want it. :-)
(2017-09-23, 05:53 PM)Max_B Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators, can you do something to prevent this in future... perhaps remove the ability for members to delete their own posts...?

Otherwise members have the ability to remove other members posts along with their own opening posts... which is terribly disruptive.

If there is a way of restoring the deleted posts, that would be great too.

I think members should be free to delete their posts, but not when it comes to OPs, since that removes the entire thread from visibility. In those cases, they should simply edit their posts to be empty, or to contain a message like "[Post deleted]". Am willing to override deletions of OPs on this basis.

(2017-09-23, 05:55 PM)Max_B Wrote: [ -> ]Phew... one of those posts took me 4 hours writing last night!

Good Lord, man, you are really putting some effort into this forum. Kudos, Max. I'll make sure it's not lost.
(2017-09-23, 05:56 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]If you do, please restore mine with anonymity but do not restore my digital painting or the link in the same post.

Brian, perhaps you could follow the suggestion I raised in my last post: rather than deleting OPs (original posts - thread-starters), which deletes every other post in the thread, simply edit your OP to be empty or to contain some message indicating that you've deleted it. If you couldn't be fussed doing this, then please let me know that it's OK for me to restore those posts and do it.
(2017-09-23, 06:02 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]No I've changed my mind.  Those were my contributions and I'm entitled to have them removed.  Maybe you can just save Max's posts and anybody else who requests it and create a new thread for them or something.

Please see my previous post.
(2017-09-23, 06:06 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]You missed the point.  I created the threads and I wish I hadn't because I see no reason why people here should benefit from my input.  Save Max's posts but start new threads.  I want all my posts removed from Psiencequest.

I'm not proposing that your input be retained. I'm simply asking that rather than deleting your OPs, you edit them to be blank or otherwise indicate deleted content - otherwise entire threads are deleted with no way of resurrecting them.
(2017-09-23, 06:10 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]The most important ones are now removed.  Goodbye.

Don't feel like you've burnt any bridges, Brian - you're welcome back any time.

I am going to restore the threads that you've deleted though - of course with your OPs blanked out as you prefer.
(2017-09-23, 06:13 PM)Brian Wrote: [ -> ]OK, you do it for me.  I've done enough work now.

Yessir.
Pages: 1 2