Psience Quest

Full Version: Would you Like to have an NDE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can having an NDE lead an individual to misguided thinking? 

What do you think about others who have had them?
Never having had one, I view having an NDE as a blessing. It is a way to glimpse a more complete view of the reality in which we exist. It is a spectacular opportunity to know that we are living in a small slice of a larger existence.

Would this knowledge affect how we view our world? You bet. The people who have had NDEs all say so.

Does this knowledge contain good and bad aspects? I would guess so. But mostly good.

In any case: this experiential knowledge is truth,, and in the end I think knowing the truth is substantially a positive thing,, at least for me.
Thanks for replying Jkmac.

I know a person personally that had an NDE that surprised me when I put a picture on Facebook of a man desperately clutching his young child after surviving a journey by boat from one of the countries 'at war'. He has appeared on tv in the uk.

I remember the words he wrote "I am unmoved". He went on to say that he's much more interested in animal welfare than that of humans. On further investigation it turns out that he's a supporter of Tommy Robinson, and basically a supporter of, what I would see as, right wing thugs.

Am I sure of my facts? Yes, as sure as one can be when hearing them from 'the horses mouth'. So when NDErs are seen as good people after the event, I have to ask myself, what makes us good?

It's a great question.
I don't know if I really want to have an NDE, because of the fact that it usually happens as part of a very bad experience involving serious injury or disease. The human part of me doesn't want to go through that, even for an experience that some NDEers consider a blessing. It just doesn't seem worth it. Perhaps my "high self" considers this a mistake in thinking, but I am the human here.
(2017-08-28, 11:50 PM)nbtruthman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if I really want to have an NDE, because of the fact that it usually happens as part of a very bad experience involving serious injury or disease. The human part of me doesn't want to go through that, even for an experience that some NDEers consider a blessing. It just doesn't seem worth it. Perhaps my "high self" considers this a mistake in thinking, but I am the human here.

Honorable expression.
A nde just might lead to a rd (real death). So, hell no!
(2017-08-28, 09:52 AM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]Can having an NDE lead an individual to misguided thinking? 

What do you think about others who have had them?

My answer to that Stan Smile would be it depends what you mean by misguided thinking. If you mean turning someone into a mean and nasty selfish person,  I've never come across that as a direct result of NDE either in the literature or when I've met people that have had NDE's. Just the opposite.

It seems to be the case the deeper the NDE the more profound the change especially when they meet the being of light. The latter tends to  change them overwhelmingly forever. But I'm not an expert so, it's just my two cents.
The thread's title asked whether I would like to have a near-death-experience.  If that were to involve an apparent or actual life-threatening situation taking my body to a state apparently near-death then, no thank you; I'm good without.

No consequent risk of misguided thinking either.    LOL
(2017-09-15, 07:57 PM)tim Wrote: [ -> ]My answer to that Stan Smile would be it depends what you mean by misguided thinking. If you mean turning someone into a mean and nasty selfish person,  I've never come across that as a direct result of NDE either in the literature or when I've met people that have had NDE's. Just the opposite.

It seems to be the case the deeper the NDE the more profound the change especially when they meet the being of light. The latter tends to  change them overwhelmingly forever. But I'm not an expert so, it's just my two cents.

Thanks Tim.  Big Grin By misguided thinking I am talking about people like Ian McCormack, he as you know, is very convinced that his NDE was all about Jesus. He may be an extreme example, but more and more, I see people talk about their NDEs and instead of remaining open about them, have come to some definite decision about them. I don't see how they can, or if so, that it might be a mistake? 

It was better imo, when nobody knew what had happened to them. At least in one way, because there was no previous bunch of people or videos to 'persuade' them one way or another. Now I see them easily thinking that they're special in some way, when I don't think they are. The ego loves to think it's special, and so may be tempted to associate with this. 

They have had an amazing experience, maybe, but I don't believe that others should suddenly start worshipping them, or they themselves. I have a strong belief that strong belief in things like God can be very destructive!  Halo
(2017-09-16, 07:27 AM)Stan Woolley Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Tim.  Big Grin By misguided thinking I am talking about people like Ian McCormack, he as you know, is very convinced that his NDE was all about Jesus. He may be an extreme example, but more and more, I see people talk about their NDEs and instead of remaining open about them, have come to some definite decision about them. I don't see how they can, or if so, that it might be a mistake? 

It was better imo, when nobody knew what had happened to them. At least in one way, because there was no previous bunch of people or videos to 'persuade' them one way or another. Now I see them easily thinking that they're special in some way, when I don't think they are. The ego loves to think it's special, and so may be tempted to associate with this. 

They have had an amazing experience, maybe, but I don't believe that others should suddenly start worshipping them, or they themselves. I have a strong belief that strong belief in things like God can be very destructive!  Halo

"....He may be an extreme example, but more and more, I see people talk about their NDEs and instead of remaining open about them, have come to some definite decision about them. I don't see how they can, or if so, that it might be a mistake? "

Personally it doesn't bother me, Stan.  McCormack's report doesn't trump the broad consensus from the literature, from unassuming, quiet souls who don't go on you tube evangelising. There's no doubt that there's a 'being' (that people feel extremely comfortable with to say the least) that is encountered. I have my ideas on who or what that being might be of course but it doesn't matter because whoever or whatever it is, it just is. 

"They have had an amazing experience, maybe, but I don't believe that others should suddenly start worshipping them, or they themselves. I have a strong belief that strong belief in things like God can be very destructive! "

I agree. Like in all things, trying to get the balance right is nearly impossible.
Pages: 1 2