Psience Quest

Full Version: Slow Reaction From Forum -- Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else experience slowness in the response of their keyboard when replying or editing on the forum? I don't think it is my laptop, as I don't see this response anywhere else in any other application. It's like when I have an editing window open there is a delay when I am typing. Doesn't happen all the time.
Haven't experienced that yet myself.
I haven't experienced it either.

Chuck, maybe open up another browser tab and load some other site that has a text box in which to type. If that's also sluggish, it might be that you need to restart your browser. If not, then it could be something to do with the forum software we're using.
We need a general "random glitches and bugs" thread. I just encountered one when half of the background was visible and the forum elements where stuck in the left side of my screen. I suppose this is related to the platform working on a desktop format, but it was still unexpected.
(2017-08-28, 06:18 AM)E. Flowers Wrote: [ -> ]We need a general "random glitches and bugs" thread. I just encountered one when half of the background was visible and the forum elements where stuck in the left side of my screen. I suppose this is related to the platform working on a desktop format, but it was still unexpected.

Do you by any chance use one of the newly added themes?
No, I have been using the default on an iPhone 7.
I started using the light weight theme, but I can't get out of it. I don't see a theme picker on the theme! It's the last theme you will ever need!
(2017-08-28, 04:24 PM)E. Flowers Wrote: [ -> ]No, I have been using the default on an iPhone 7.

Try to use the Mobile Friendly-theme if you are on an iPhone. I dont know if this particular problem you have is connected to you being on a phone with the default theme, but the overall experience will be better with that theme on an iPhone.
(2017-08-28, 04:41 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]I started using the light weight theme, but I can't get out of it. I don't see a theme picker on the theme! It's the last theme you will ever need!

If you go to UserCP, and then Edit Options in the left panel (scroll down a bit), and then in Other Options on the right, change the theme to Default, and the Update Options, and then you are back to normal.
That worked. Thanks.